Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2021 10:48:44 AM EDT
I just dropped off my slide to get milled and ordered the Trijicon.

I can't find any pictures online of this combination... I may be the guinea pig here.  

Anyway, in a few weeks when it's done I'll post a picture and follow-up.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 11:00:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Why not get the full size RMR for the 320?
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 11:02:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why not get the full size RMR for the 320?
View Quote

This^

Seems like you're doing yourself a disservice by getting a sight specifically designed to go on slim guns when you have the slide width available for the real deal. FOV matters. I think there is a reason you can't find any pictures of this setup.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 1:28:34 PM EDT
[#3]
RMRcc on a full width slide makes zero sense. It’s basically the same height as a full size, and length, all you’re doing is reducing width, which the full size RMR properly fits the slide and you’re reducing the window size which is a major disadvantage. Also good luck trying to sell the slide down the road.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 4:16:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
RMRcc on a full width slide makes zero sense. It’s basically the same height as a full size, and length, all you’re doing is reducing width, which the full size RMR properly fits the slide and you’re reducing the window size which is a major disadvantage. Also good luck trying to sell the slide down the road.
View Quote

Meh.  IMHO the RMR doesn't fit the P320 slide "properly".  There's a pretty decent overhang on the sides that's going to be better with the smaller sight.

The RMRcc window is only very slightly smaller, and the difference in window size wasn't even noticeable for me when I shot borrowed guns with each sight.

The RMRcc has a better "switching package".  I prefer the lock-in/lock out option to the 16-hour automatic feature on the RMR.

This gun is an EDC gun, and stuff snags on other stuff.  Smaller stuff snags less than bigger stuff.

I don't see why anyone buys the "big" RMR anymore.  
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 4:30:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Meh.  IMHO the RMR doesn't fit the P320 slide "properly".  There's a pretty decent overhang on the sides that's going to be better with the smaller sight.

The RMRcc window is only very slightly smaller, and the difference in window size wasn't even noticeable for me when I shot borrowed guns with each sight.

The RMRcc has a better "switching package".  I prefer the lock-in/lock out option to the 16-hour automatic feature on the RMR.

This gun is an EDC gun, and stuff snags on other stuff.  Smaller stuff snags less than bigger stuff.

I don't see why anyone buys the "big" RMR anymore.  
View Quote

I’ve got like 10-12 regular RMR’s and two CC’s, your window evaluation could not be more wrong. I also have two of those regular RMR’s on P320’s with Bobro plates (had 6 before I sold off some) and no the RMR is not any wider than the slide.

The RMR type 2 also has button lockout just like the RMRcc, so I’m not sure where you’re getting that misinformation.

It’s your gun though so if you want to ignore everyone so far telling you it’s a horrible idea then send it captain.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 8:52:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Well, it’s done, and I’m very happy with the way it has turned out.  Absolutely zero “overhang” on the sides of the slide.

Link Posted: 5/28/2021 2:56:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I think that’s an excellent idea. While it’s not a Trijicon, I thought about doing the same thing with a 507k on a 320. An X-Carry with an X-Compact module and a 507k, to be exact. Keeping things smaller, with a little extra barrel length, is the what has made the XL such a success.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 4:34:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 3:10:09 PM EDT
[#9]

They installed your rear sight on backwards? I mean, I guess you need suppressor height sights now anyway to be usable, but still… they put your rear sight in backwards?

Who did you use and how long did it take?
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 4:05:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

They installed your rear sight on backwards? I mean, I guess you need suppressor height sights now anyway to be usable, but still… they put your rear sight in backwards?

View Quote

Wow, hadn't noticed that.  Yeah, that is pretty surprising.
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 4:18:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

That was actually done per request.  They’re just a placeholder anyway.  The factory SIG rear sight is shaped kinda funny, if the slide milling is done as deep as possible, the rear sight only fits in backward.
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 6:57:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Does appear that the slide cut was to far back. Can you even use a rear sight properly anymore?
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 7:25:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Does appear that the slide cut was to far back. Can you even use a rear sight properly anymore?
View Quote

They look too low regardless.  Sig Xray3 suppressor-height sights might work.  They don't project as far forward.

But yeah, they didn't leave a lot of room to work with.

Link Posted: 5/30/2021 7:35:15 PM EDT
[#14]

Not bad but I’m not sure the juice is worth the squeeze. The over hang from the stock size RMR is minimal and doesn’t exceed the width of the slide release. With the CC you have a smaller window size. Was your slide already cut for another type of optic? If not why is the cut so far back? If you were going to go so far back why not mount your rear BUIS in front of the RMRcc? Also your rear sight is on backwards.
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 10:59:28 PM EDT
[#15]

I think it turned out very damn nice!

Link Posted: 5/30/2021 11:30:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

They look too low regardless.  Sig Xray3 suppressor-height sights might work.  They don't project as far forward.

But yeah, they didn't leave a lot of room to work with.

View Quote

Yea thats not going to work
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 11:48:40 PM EDT
[#17]

Mine don't project that far forward.  Hmmm, or perhaps they do.

Link Posted: 6/3/2021 2:35:14 AM EDT
[#18]

Wow. That’s beyond retarded. I can’t believe you actually paid for that. Seeing as how were in tech and not GD I’ll save the rest of the humor. But seriously man. That’s reduced functionality. I’m still shocked anyone would ever “want” that.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 5:59:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Wow. That’s beyond retarded. I can’t believe you actually paid for that. Seeing as how were in tech and not GD I’ll save the rest of the humor. But seriously man. That’s reduced functionality. I’m still shocked anyone would ever “want” that.
View Quote

I don’t know why he had them press his stock rear sight back on, but he said it was just a placeholder until he gets his other sights pressed on. He didn’t say which sights, but I’m assuming it’s the Xray3 Super Tall sights, which the rear sight only extends slightly forward. Why not mill the slide for the CC to sit as far back as possible, so the XRay3 just barely presses in behind it? Seems like a good idea.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 3:13:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Ive installed a lot of the xray sights. I can tell you i will be extremely surprised if they fit. I can tell you they project forward as much as the shorter ones. If he doesnt have clearance for the one put in backward he want have the clearance for them.

He could use a glock style rear sight that may work
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 4:59:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Ive installed a lot of the xray sights. I can tell you i will be extremely surprised if they fit. I can tell you they project forward as much as the shorter ones. If he doesnt have clearance for the one put in backward he want have the clearance for them.

He could use a glock style rear sight that may work
View Quote

It might have been a better idea to mill it all the way back, like an XL, and use a 507k. You get the built in rear sight, for lower third, and you get a window size in between the CC and full size RMR, in an overall smaller package. Again, I think the premise of his idea is a good one and the window size difference between the 507k and the full size RMR is insignificant for me personally.

Link Posted: 6/3/2021 5:08:28 PM EDT
[#22]
I agree. I like his idea and have been considering  doing it on a p226. Ive done it with a few but p226s have a ton of hangover
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 8:51:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Milling done by CHPWS
Ordered Dawson sights got 10-8 sights.

I have no problem using the RMRcc window compared to the SIG Romeo and Romeo ProAttachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 12:31:37 AM EDT
[#24]
What happened with CHPWS? I’ve heard mixed reviews and some spotty QC with some of his adapter plates but I’ve never used his stuff so I don’t have any first hand knowledge. I will say part of the reason I haven’t bought anything from them is due to how he acts on IG. He comes across as a bit of a tool at times. Shame too since he is in GA from my understanding.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 11:24:38 AM EDT
[#25]
Yes, the factory sights were just slapped back in to protect the dovetail.  I’ll put tall sights on eventually.

Leaning toward these…

No overhang at all, no tritium, not expensive.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 11:32:54 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Yes, the factory sights were just slapped back in to protect the dovetail.  I’ll put tall sights on eventually.

Leaning toward these…

No overhang at all, no tritium, not expensive.
View Quote

I like that rounded front sight more than the Dawson front sights for Sigs.  Let us know how that works out.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 11:40:46 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
What happened with CHPWS? I’ve heard mixed reviews and some spotty QC with some of his adapter plates but I’ve never used his stuff so I don’t have any first hand knowledge. I will say part of the reason I haven’t bought anything from them is due to how he acts on IG. He comes across as a bit of a tool at times. Shame too since he is in GA from my understanding.
View Quote

Unsure.  There seems to be one guy who had a bad experience with the work they did and their customer service after the fact...and he has posted that experience on multiple forums.  There certainly might be others complaining, but my experience was positive...other than the fact that they shipped me the wrong screws for my filler plate, but they resolved it.  And their customer service before and after the sale was great. In fact, I bought their adapter plate before my new slide arrived and learned it was drilled for an RMR, and they not only agreed to take the adapter plate back, they fully refunded the order, with shipping, and also sent me a return label to send the plate back.  I thought that was over the top given it was my screwup.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 2:17:53 PM EDT
[#28]
CHPWS did the following:

I ordered Dawson sights, got 10-8. That's OK.

The WESCOG gunsmith filed enough off the front sight that it launched in a few rounds.  No loctite or tighten the rear sight screw.

No evidence of Zev posts I paid for.

Crappy ceracote job on milled area.

They were unresponsive to numerous phone calls and messages.
I finally went to B of A and got a refund to replace the front sight.

They did deliver on time.
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 10:59:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I like that rounded front sight more than the Dawson front sights for Sigs.  Let us know how that works out.
View Quote

Will do.  Found them on sale at Midway, for 35 bucks they’re certainly worth trying out.
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 6:44:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Got the Strike Industry sights installed, I like these a lot.  Terrible pictures, sorry.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top