Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/10/2020 12:15:52 AM EDT
Gents,

Picked up a new Sig M-18 at the local toy store.  One of the main selling points is that it's already cut for an optic.

About 300 trouble free rounds so far. Have a new kydex holster from Bravo Concealment.  Local shoot is coming up in a week so was doing "presentations" and dry-firing to get ready.

After 25 or so presentations there is a LOT of finish wear on the slide - at the muzzle (both sides) and along the top of the slide. First thing people say is "what happened to the slide ?"

Is this a common problem with the M-17/18 series ?  Can it be refinished with another finish  ?  I need something a lot more durable.  My 365 and 365 XL each have several hundred rounds thru them and still look great.

I'm going to e-mail Sig pictures tomorrow but wanted to see if anyone else has the same problem.

Thanks !
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 3:56:49 PM EDT
[#1]
is it black "wear?" My m17 had the same thing but it was actually rub off from my brand new kydex holster. I was able to scrub it off with some elbow grease. After the holster worn in it didn't come back.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 5:19:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Pics would be helpful.  I haven’t noticed any finish wear issues with our new issue M18s.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 9:38:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Sadly this is the one issue is the finish. Pictures? Slide wear adds character...
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 10:28:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Pictures?
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 10:41:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
is it black "wear?" My m17 had the same thing but it was actually rub off from my brand new kydex holster. I was able to scrub it off with some elbow grease. After the holster worn in it didn't come back.
View Quote
This was my experience.  Thought there was a ton of wear after a bunch of draws.  It all came off with some CLP and scrubbing.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 8:01:27 AM EDT
[#6]
I think they look good with that kind of wear and use , what bugs me is the kydex that wears the trigger guard area when it grips the sides of it , just a me thing I guess . I have a few good Kydex but still go for Desantis blk leather holsters .
Top Top