Page / 9
Posted: 1/8/2018 4:55:00 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 6:32:52 PM EDT
[#1]
MSRP is $599
I'd rather get a P320
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 6:49:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Interested to see how much smaller it actually is than a G26 or a 320sc... I'm seriously doubting the "Smaller than a G43" claim. Not a chance its slimmer than a G43 with a double stack.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 7:42:45 PM EDT
[#3]
They say it's 1" wide, so that's about the same as a G43 (1.02"), but I think they're talking about the slide. I'm betting the grip on the G43 is .9" and this one will be 1.1" or something.  
The overlay images I've seen put it about the same size as a G43 and Shield in height and length.
I found the 320SC to be too heavy and the slide is too chunky for the size of the gun, so this looks like it might be perfect (assuming it doesn't have teething issues).

Link Posted: 1/8/2018 8:43:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I almost pulled the trigger on a Ruger LC9

Will wait to see if this Sig P365 is what I'm actually looking for.

Until then,as far as ccw iwb, P30SK still remains awesome.

Or, am I just looking for a sixth Sig to own.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 8:46:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They say it's 1" wide, so that's about the same as a G43 (1.02"), but I think they're talking about the slide. I'm betting the grip on the G43 is .9" and this one will be 1.1" or something.  
The overlay images I've seen put it about the same size as a G43 and Shield in height and length.
I found the 320SC to be too heavy and the slide is too chunky for the size of the gun, so this looks like it might be perfect (assuming it doesn't have teething issues).

http://soldiersystems.net/blog1/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/IMG_5980.jpg
View Quote
Let’s just assume it does have teething issues, that doesn’t mean it won’t be perfect. For instance, didn’t the 320 upgrades make the trigger feel better?

I’ve never been so excited about a gun. It’s the same size as the Shield but the double stack really opens up options. The Shield you get an extra round with the extended mag, I imagine the 365 would be the same length but 2 rounds. I can’t get much harder. Wait... 357 might be a future option!!!
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 9:44:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I had been considering the S&W Shield for my wife who is looking for something smaller than my XDs in .45acp.

Quantico Tactical has them for $400 mil price.  Guessing the street price of the Sig at maybe $500, I think it would be worth it to get the P365 instead.

The downside is it could be years before the P365 hits the Sig Mil/LEO price list.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 10:21:54 PM EDT
[#7]
I’ve been hoping for a single stack P320. This has potential if they offer a little longer barrel.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 10:57:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 2:06:23 AM EDT
[#9]
It would seem SIG has discontinued the P290 and the P365 is taking its place. I charted out the size specs comparing it to the P290, P938, P239, G26, and G43.

The 365 appears a little bigger than the 290. Closest SIG seems to be the P938 with the long mag, size wise.

I use to carry a G26 but found it too big/heavy to carry in the summer time and went on a search for something smaller. I really liked the 938 size but did not like the single action with safety. I ended up going with the 290 to carry due to the size. I do not really like the 290 for several reasons. The G43 was an option but I really am not a Glock fan and had already bought a 290 before the G43 was even announced.

I can not wait to get my hands on this gun and see how it feels. I hope they did the grip shape right with this gun. I would buy this gun in a heartbeat if its the same size of the P938 and the grip does not have weird shape to it.

I just hope it hits the dealers in the next month or so and SIG does not do one of these 8 months to the street after we say its coming deals like they normally do.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 2:11:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The downside is it could be years before the P365 hits the Sig Mil/LEO price list.
View Quote
I bet it gets added to the list fairly quickly. It is already listed on their webpage and I bet it will be listed in the 2018 catalog when released. I am betting the 365 will be on the 2018 LEO price list if the gun is shipping before the list comes out. That is, if the 2018 LEO price list isn't already out.

EDIT - I stand corrected, at least one LEO dealer has on their webpage, they believe it will be 2019 before these are added to the LEO price program.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 3:00:52 AM EDT
[#11]
I am really interested in this as long as the street price isn't too bad and the grip fits my hand decently.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 3:09:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Every factory Sig I've owned has been a lemon.  4/4, and 1 of those was a German made so those aren't immune either.

As interesting as this thing looks, their QC is phenomenally bad and I won't ever give them another dime unless I'm buying something from the Custom Shop like an X Series.  Have had great luck with those.

Hope they have fixed things and that those who do buy them love them though.  Good luck!

This is a Tech forum for SIG pistols NOT a forum for SIG bashing, Take this crap to GD . Your next post like this one will get you a time out
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 4:07:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

EDIT - I stand corrected, at least one LEO dealer has on their webpage, they believe it will be 2019 before these are added to the LEO price program.
View Quote
I hope that's just Quantico trying to surprise us... Although they still don't have any of the X-models for IOP.

Looks like it might be a while.  :(
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 6:02:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Every factory Sig I've owned has been a lemon.  4/4, and 1 of those was a German made so those aren't immune either.

As interesting as this thing looks, their QC is phenomenally bad and I won't ever give them another dime unless I'm buying something from the Custom Shop like an X Series.  Have had great luck with those.

Hope they have fixed things and that those who do buy them love them though.  Good luck!
View Quote
I want to be the guy that buys the lottery ticket right after yours.  Nobody has that bad of luck and especially with Sig Sauers.  They make phenomenal firearms and quality has always been top notch, not to mention they shoot laser beams.

Everybody has a production issue at some point. But you having 4 bad Sigs is almost a mathematical impossibility.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 10:04:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I want to be the guy that buys the lottery ticket right after yours.  Nobody has that bad of luck and especially with Sig Sauers.  They make phenomenal firearms and quality has always been top notch, not to mention they shoot laser beams.

Everybody has a production issue at some point. But you having 4 bad Sigs is almost a mathematical impossibility.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That guy.....
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 3:45:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Dimensions on this are very similar to a Keltec P11, which I've always thought was an under-appreciated carry gun as it holds 12+1 and is only slightly thicker than all the other micro single stack 9mm carry guns - yet still thinner than G26 type carry pistols.

I hope it works well as I've been about to buy another P11.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 5:23:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Some questions on this model.

1. How does the slide lock back/
2. How do you disassemble it?
3. Are 320 magazines compatible?

1. I ask because I do not see a notch in the slide
2. I ask because I see a rear pin in the frame by the tang.
3. My hope that they are for ease of inventory.

Thanks for the information if you know.
Mark
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 5:29:59 PM EDT
[#18]
http://www.quanticotactical.com/asp/itemDetail.asp?dispItemNum=7382&type=M&CMN=Sig%20Sauer%20LE/Military&CMNum=206&CMSNum=1760&CMSN=P365>

The NEW P365 is not currently available through Sig's LE/Mil program.

We posted this page due to the large number of inquiries we get every day about availability.

As these are new to the commercial line for 2018, we anticipate it may be AT LEAST mid-year before Sig adds them to their LE/Mil program and we can accept orders.

We have no additional information about pricing, delivery, or final specifications.

As soon as they are available for order, we will update this page and e-mail all our customers. Be sure to join our e-mail list (upper right corner of this page) for all our latest news and deals.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 5:35:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Ok, is this a dumb question? How does the slide lock back with no notch?

ETA: Damn, this question was asked two posts above.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 5:37:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Mark
View Quote
1. Slide lock lever,it looks like the notch is fairly small
2. Take down lever and no trigger pull
3. Nope, these take a brand new designed patent pending magazine.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 5:39:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mark
I don't see any notch at all for the slide lock.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 5:42:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
Okie, so still a Browning type tilt barrel. I guess not to bad on 3, was hoping for that. I guess they must have an aggressive stagger to keep the grip size down a tad.

Oh-so the front "rail" must be slimmer than other models, etc. so current lights don't or will not work? Not a huge deal.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 6:31:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Ugh.  
I was saving to get a DA/SA to practice dry-fire trigger control.
Now I’m gonna HAVE to try this to see if I like it better than the G43, which I like but I don’t love.  I actually carry the G42 more.

But this does look really good, though many of the shooting reports for pre-production mention a variety of issues.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 8:50:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
...though many of the shooting reports for pre-production mention a variety of issues.
View Quote
Links?
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 10:36:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Links:

Everyone who shot it during the two day intro to the gun at a SIG class—off hand, I remember  SSD and Recoil.  
Those two both mention issues (though both went from seeing tons of feeding problems on day one to no issues on day two).

Recoil wrote:  in addition to locking the slide back (which can be trained around), “First, the mag release in our gun was finicky. It dropped mags about a third of the time, leaving us to regularly shake the pistol or strip mags by hand. We approached Strader on the line and he and his gorilla hands had no problem dropping mags. It could be our grip or the way we were hitting the button, perhaps at an angle, but it’s clear that someone with larger hands and/or more time on the gun made it work. So, like we said, it could be an issue with one pre-production gun, but it’s something we’ll look at closely when we get a production P365.

Second, we had a lot of issues with the gun failing to return to battery on the first day of the two-day event. We logged scores of FRTB events and by the end of the first day, we got used to tapping the back of the pistol to help it the slide close the last few millimeters. Of the handful of writers shooting the pre-production pistols on that cold, cold December day, all had the same malfunction. At first, Sig employees thought some of the writers were limp-wristing the pistols, but by sunset it was clear there was another culprit.

Our pistol slide felt sluggish, like a tight 1911 after 600 rounds without a reapplication of lubricant. Turns out, the guns were all lubed with the same product in anticipation of the media event, though nobody present could say what it was.”
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 10:53:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Links:

Everyone who shot it during the two day intro to the gun at a SIG class—off hand, I remember  SSD and Recoil.  
Those two both mention issues (though both went from seeing tons of feeding problems on day one to no issues on day two).

Recoil wrote:  in addition to locking the slide back (which can be trained around), “First, the mag release in our gun was finicky. It dropped mags about a third of the time, leaving us to regularly shake the pistol or strip mags by hand. We approached Strader on the line and he and his gorilla hands had no problem dropping mags. It could be our grip or the way we were hitting the button, perhaps at an angle, but it’s clear that someone with larger hands and/or more time on the gun made it work. So, like we said, it could be an issue with one pre-production gun, but it’s something we’ll look at closely when we get a production P365.

Second, we had a lot of issues with the gun failing to return to battery on the first day of the two-day event. We logged scores of FRTB events and by the end of the first day, we got used to tapping the back of the pistol to help it the slide close the last few millimeters. Of the handful of writers shooting the pre-production pistols on that cold, cold December day, all had the same malfunction. At first, Sig employees thought some of the writers were limp-wristing the pistols, but by sunset it was clear there was another culprit.

Our pistol slide felt sluggish, like a tight 1911 after 600 rounds without a reapplication of lubricant. Turns out, the guns were all lubed with the same product in anticipation of the media event, though nobody present could say what it was.”
View Quote
People need to read the other reviews of what was going on during this range day. The reviewers went on to say the same guns were cleaned and lubed with a known lube and all the guns shot very well the next day. Put the wrong lube on a gun during extreme environment conditions and the lube can act like glue.
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 1:14:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

People need to read the other reviews of what was going on during this range day. The reviewers went on to say the same guns were cleaned and lubed with a known lube and all the guns shot very well the next day. Put the wrong lube on a gun during extreme environment conditions and the lube can act like glue.
View Quote
Truth.  Non issue (specific to the P365).
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 1:17:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Some pics from the GD thread :

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/10/2018 1:28:55 PM EDT
[#29]
That's rather impressive. Hopefully they are reliable. I may have missed it, whats the price point going to be?
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 3:58:58 PM EDT
[#30]
So should I start looking for one or should I hold out for the P365 Legion?
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 3:59:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 4:17:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Not bad, I think I will need to look at this model hard as I have a 43 and an old 26. I wanted a 43 bad but have been carrying the 26 since the 43 doesn't offer me a thing other than weight.

I do think Sig should do a video of the take down and show some more of the gun, it would answer  a few questions and or concerns.
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 8:27:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
That's rather impressive. Hopefully they are reliable. I may have missed it, whats the price point going to be?
View Quote
MSRP is $599, with 2 (or 3?) mags and Sig Light sights.  Imagine street price will be around $499, once the initial rush is over after release.
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 10:11:24 PM EDT
[#34]
It looks like the grip is a bit thicker side to side but thinner front to back (than the G43 and Shield—the shield grip, for my big palms and presidential finger nubs, seems long front to back).
Those pics help a lot.

I guess the slide catch is milled into the inside of the slide, which also sounds good to me.

I’ve only used rem dry lube, rand, and a little fireclean and “breakthrough” (oil and grease but not solvent), but in the temp range I’ve shot—30 degrees to 100 degrees—I’ve never noticed a difference in performance with any of my guns (but none are super tight). If all they really did was change lubes, I sure would know what lube made a good gun into a failure machine in cold weather—too bad “no one could [would!?] identify” what they used on the guns (how many lubes do they use at the SIG facility on their brand new test guns, knowing what the weather can be in that area?!?).  I don’t care if they cut coils on the recoil spring, re-profiled the feed ramp, or whatever...as long as the production gun works.

I am definitely putting $550 away to see if this can unseat the G43 for my 9mm (8+1) mid-sized carry option.  I like everything about the design from the grip and capacity to the possibility of future laser/light modules. It looks like the CLOSEST thing I’ve seen to my “grail” CCW.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 9:14:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Sig really pissed me off with my jamomatic p320, but this looks as it is actually well done. Slim slide for the waist and weight and wider grip for the capacity and control. The "narrow neck double stack magazine is genius. Those slim grips are very hard for me to shoot well.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 10:06:48 PM EDT
[#36]
I'm in the minority.  I would like, and buy one, with a manual safety like in the silhouette picture a few posts above. I haven't heard on when they will offer this option.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 12:26:17 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I'm in the minority.  I would like, and buy one, with a manual safety like in the silhouette picture a few posts above. I haven't heard on when they will offer this option.
View Quote
One guy in the GD thread said Sig told him later this year for the safety model.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 2:21:53 AM EDT
[#38]
This seems like the perfect carry pistol.  G26 is too fat, G43 has limited capacity.  This seems like the best of both those guns without their limitations.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 3:07:23 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
I will take a look when the thumb safety model makes it to the lgs. I want to handle one before I commit to purchase.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 8:44:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
This seems like the perfect carry pistol.  G26 is too fat, G43 has limited capacity.  This seems like the best of both those guns without their limitations.
View Quote
I'm just really skeptical that the grip--which is the most important in terms of concealability--could be as thin as a G43 or Shield. I was really excited by the p365 at first, but it would defy physics for a double stack 9mm to be as thin as the G43 or Shield.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 9:27:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I'm just really skeptical that the grip--which is the most important in terms of concealability--could be as thin as a G43 or Shield. I was really excited by the p365 at first, but it would defy physics for a double stack 9mm to be as thin as the G43 or Shield.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There are pics of it next to the shield and g43, thr size is legit.  I suspect most grips have some extra room that could be shaved to enlarge the magazine.  That along with staggered stacking.. maybe thats what they did.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 10:26:37 PM EDT
[#42]
The Subcompact P320 “small-size” grip is VERY THIN and the same basic length as the G43 with a +2...and that’s 12rds.

From the comparison videos, it appears it is fatter than the Shield or G43, but shorter front to back (especially compared to the Shield). So grip-wise, it may be close to a wash—shorter trigger reach, and a bit more real estate for your support hand while not being as fat as a G26 or other fat-a$$ double-stack. I was surprised the P365 grip looked a little fatter than the XDS45, but maybe since it’s a single stack, it’s pretty narrow (never held one)—the XDS grip was much longer front to back.

I preordered with SFWA today when they said they had 50 on order and I’d be #20. If I like the feel, I’ll BETA test it—if not, I’ll sell it at a tiny loss before the price drops below $499-$545 New.
Link Posted: 1/14/2018 7:26:57 PM EDT
[#43]
This would be perfect with a thumb safety.
Link Posted: 1/14/2018 10:27:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote
Not in the minority. We are just a couple of Eric Cartmen struggling in todays mouth foaming obsession over non thumb safeties. S&W would have at least one Shield .45 performance center sold if they would offer a thumb safety. Like Cartmen, there are more minorities than us.
Link Posted: 1/14/2018 11:09:10 PM EDT
[#45]
I would like to see one of these side by side with a P290 showing the differences in the grip profiles.
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 7:05:21 AM EDT
[#46]
This is my #1 wanted gun for the year. Going to wait until Quantico has them for a few reasons. Lower price, if there's any bugs hopefully they're fixed, and by then kydex companies will likely be offering a way to carry it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 9:29:08 AM EDT
[#47]
I spent the weekend around some Sig reps. The common theme from customers was where is the 365. It’s on everyone’s mind. The closest we got to it was a paper cutout, but the size is impressive. Laid on top of a 938 it’s basically the same exact size. I’m excited to get my hands on one.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 2:52:38 PM EDT
[#48]
I've been living under a rock in a cave and hadn't heard about this pistol until about a week ago; I got an email from Rainier Arms yesterday evening for pre-order of the P365 (the email said it was expected to ship in February). I put in an order for $538.52 plus state taxes.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:11:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I spent the weekend around some Sig reps. The common theme from customers was where is the 365. It’s on everyone’s mind. The closest we got to it was a paper cutout, but the size is impressive. Laid on top of a 938 it’s basically the same exact size. I’m excited to get my hands on one.
View Quote
My good friend, Jim, put these pics together to show size comparison with the P938.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:22:21 PM EDT
[#50]
This is a picture that I snapped the day we unveiled P365

Attachment Attached File
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top