$19.88 for P226 OEM 15 rounders

I just grabbed a few for my Legion SAO.
here
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 9:57:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn I remember when they went for about $8 each. Now granted that was in 96
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 10:16:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Those are good mags.  I have a pile of 'em.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 11:16:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I believe these mags will work in a Taurus Pt111G2 also.
Link Posted: 6/11/2016 5:52:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the link. These were selling for between $34 and $40 each at Market Hall gun show today.
Link Posted: 6/11/2016 8:30:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Picked up 10 today, 5 for me and 5 for my BIL.  I paid $25 for LEO used mags a year ago.

This is a great deal.

Link Posted: 6/11/2016 10:17:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Many thanks for the heads-up. Picked up a few for myself and a few more for a friend.
Link Posted: 6/11/2016 11:18:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I think these may be contract over run mags.  They are not marked Sig or Mec-Gar anywhere on 'em.   Only Made in Italy.
Link Posted: 6/12/2016 1:54:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think these may be contract over run mags.  They are not marked Sig or Mec-Gar anywhere on 'em.   Only Made in Italy.
View Quote

I got these from AIM awhile back for $16 and they have them marked 17 now but sold out.  They look identical to OEM Sig mags except not marked Sig.  Little stiff to start could only load to -1 to 2 rounds of total capacity till I used them a bit.  Great mags never hiccuped on me.
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 4:48:34 PM EDT
[#9]
These are not OEM mags.

They are made by a company called "Original Equipment".

Kinda sneaky.

They might be good but they aren't OEM.

"The same manufacturer that originally made the magazines that shipped with the MK25."

Wouldn't that be MecGar?
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 6:54:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
These are not OEM mags.

Kinda sneaky.

"The same manufacturer that originally made the magazines that shipped with the MK25."

Wouldn't that be MecGar?
View Quote

Purchased 2 then saw this post and was thinking....damn!!!!

Called CDNN and they stated the company is not called Original Equipment, but rather it is a company that does make the Sig mags for the military to Sig spec and they just don't say Sig on them.
Not sure how true that is but that was directly from CDNN.
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 6:57:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Called CDNN and they stated the company is not called Original Equipment, but rather it is a company that does make the Sig mags for the military to Sig spec and they just don't say Sig on them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
These are not OEM mags.

Kinda sneaky.

Wouldn't that be MecGar?

The ad said Italian Manufacturer, so I'm guessing Mec Gar.  Can't think of any other Italian companies that supplied the Military with Sig magazines.
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 7:06:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The ad said Italian Manufacturer, so I'm guessing Mec Gar.  Can't think of any other Italian companies that supplied the Military with Sig magazines.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
These are not OEM mags.

Kinda sneaky.

Wouldn't that be MecGar?

Where did it say it was made in Italy?
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 7:14:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
These are not OEM mags.

Kinda sneaky.

Wouldn't that be MecGar?

Go here and search for mags:

https://www.cdnnsports.com/magazines.html#manufacturer=ORIGINAL%20EQUIPMENT

"Original Equipment" is shown as a BRAND and they make mags that fit all kinds of handguns.  They certainly aren't original equipment for 1911s.

Look at the ad for the Sig:

SIG SAUER P226 15RD 9MM MAGAZINE PHOSPHATE
ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT

Manufacturer: ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT
   Model: P226
   Caliber: 9MM
   Capacity: 15
   Finish: PHOSPHATE
   SKU: MAG22615
   UPC: 783583557771

If it was a MecGar mag, "manufacturer" would indicate "MecGar".

Here is a P226 mag made by MecGar and it says MecGar:

SIG SAUER P226 18RD 9MM MAGAZINE MECGAR

Manufacturer: MEC-GAR
   Model: 226
   Capacity: 18
   Finish: BLACK
   SKU: MGP22618AFC
   UPC: 765595515000

https://www.cdnnsports.com/226-9mm-18rd-anti-frict.html?___SID=U

I buy a lot from CDNN and they are great, but these are neither Sig nor MecGar mags.
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 7:27:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

"Original Equipment" is shown as a BRAND and they make mags that fit all kinds of handguns.  They certainly aren't original equipment for 1911s.

I buy a lot from CDNN and they are great, but these are neither Sig nor MecGar mags.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
These are not OEM mags.

Kinda sneaky.

Wouldn't that be MecGar?

ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT

You need to talk to someone who knows what these mags are (like Greg Cote).  They are absolutely made by Mec-Gar, they are the same part number and identical in every way except the Sig Sauer and Mec Gar stamp on the side.  I have Mec-Gar made, Sig stamped, blued and phosphated mags, along with these unmarked mags and I took them apart and checked out the springs, followers, floorplates, everything is exactly the same.

Here's the description from GregcoteLLC:

"These are Sig Sauer P226, P226 MK25 9mm 15 round factory style magazines made by the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer), Mec-Gar. The magazines have the durable phosphate finish with a blued floor plate. These magazines aren't official Sig Sauer factory magazines, (no Sig Sauer logo). However they are the same great quality magazine that is supplied as the OEM magazine with the Sig Sauer P226 MK25 and the European P226 9mm pistols and previously with most other P226 9mm in USA. Most Sig Sauer P226 sold in the USA now come with Checkmate magazines. They aren't stamped with either the Sig Sauer logo or Mec-Gar. The magazines just have made in Italy stamped on the magazine tube. The same great quality Mec-Gar style magazine as the official Sig Sauer factory magazine for a lot less money."
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 7:30:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

You need to talk to someone who knows what these mags are (like Greg Cote).  They are absolutely made by Mec-Gar, they are the same part number and identical in every way except the Sig Sauer and Mec Gar stamp on the side.  I have Mec-Gar made, Sig stamped, blued and phosphated mags, along with these unmarked mags and I took them apart and checked out the springs, followers, floorplates, everything is exactly the same.

"These are Sig Sauer P226, P226 MK25 9mm 15 round factory style magazines made by the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer), Mec-Gar. The magazines have the durable phosphate finish with a blued floor plate. These magazines aren't official Sig Sauer factory magazines, (no Sig Sauer logo). However they are the same great quality magazine that is supplied as the OEM magazine with the Sig Sauer P226 MK25 and the European P226 9mm pistols and previously with most other P226 9mm in USA. Most Sig Sauer P226 sold in the USA now come with Checkmate magazines. They aren't stamped with either the Sig Sauer logo or Mec-Gar. The magazines just have made in Italy stamped on the magazine tube. The same great quality Mec-Gar style magazine as the official Sig Sauer factory magazine for a lot less money."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT

Yeah, just ignore what I posted.

If you want to believe these are MecGar mags, you go right ahead.

MecGar mags are noted as such on CDNN.

So, are all those other "Original Equipment" mags at the link I posted actually made by MecGar?
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 7:30:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
These are not OEM mags.

Kinda sneaky.

Wouldn't that be MecGar?

Directly under the mag.
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 7:40:12 PM EDT
[#17]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
These are not OEM mags.

Kinda sneaky.

Wouldn't that be MecGar?

http://s31.postimg.org/eoi255ol7/Screenshot_20160613_162907.png

Directly under the mag.

Looks like a shot from the catalog.  The link in the OP doesn't show that.

Like I said, you can believe they are MecGars if you want.

Like I said, under the mag search page, "Original Equipment" is listed as a brand and is shown as the "manufacturer" in the original OP link.
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 7:42:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

So, are all those other "Original Equipment" mags at the link I posted actually made by MecGar?
View Quote

Part number for these mags match the part number for 15 round Mec Gars at Greg Cote.
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 7:44:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Part number for these mags match the part number for 15 round Mec Gars at Greg Cote.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You keep ignoring the question about the other mags and the fact that MecGar mags are listed separately on the search page.

I hope they work great but I don't believe they are MecGar.
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 7:53:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

You keep ignoring the question about the other mags and the fact that MecGar mags are listed separately on the search page.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The other question being, why are others marked MecGar?  I would surmise that these are contract overrun mags that were not marked Sig or Mec-Gar and therefore not packaged in Mec-Gar or Sig packaging.  Mags marked Mec-Gar and packaged in Mec-Gar packaging are advertised differently than the contract overrun mags.

I noticed they are advertised differently on Greg Cotes website as well, which would back up my theory.
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 8:02:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

The other question being, why are others marked MecGar?  I would surmise that these are contract overrun mags that were not marked Sig or Mec-Gar and therefore not packaged in Mec-Gar or Sig packaging.  Mags marked Mec-Gar and packaged in Mec-Gar packaging are advertised differently than the contract overrun mags.

I noticed they are advertised differently on Greg Cotes website as well, which would back up my theory.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, I guess you just gotta be right.

Like I said, I hope they work well but I don't believe they are MecGar Greg Cotes, whoever that is, notwithstanding.
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 8:06:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Like I said, I hope they work well but I don't believe they are MecGar Greg Cotes, whoever that is, notwithstanding.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck.....
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 8:23:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure thing.  Keep ignoring the question.
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 8:27:16 PM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

WHAT QUESTION?
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 8:49:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Greg Cote probably sells more Mec-Gar mags than anyone in the country.  He's a pretty credible source.

If you search Original Equipment on CDNN's site, a bunch of magazine come up under that manufacturer name and you can clearly see that some of them are marked Mec-Gar.  They have a bunch of random stuff with that manufacturer name.  Looks like it's just a way to inventory some things with their software.
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 9:02:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

WHAT QUESTION?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

WHAT QUESTION?

So, are all those other "Original Equipment" mags at the link I posted actually made by MecGar
?
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 9:10:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Greg Cote probably sells more Mec-Gar mags than anyone in the country.  He's a pretty credible source.

If you search Original Equipment on CDNN's site, a bunch of magazine come up under that manufacturer name and you can clearly see that some of them are marked Mec-Gar.  They have a bunch of random stuff with that manufacturer name.  Looks like it's just a way to inventory some things with their software.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Okay, I see what may be the MecGar symbol on a couple of 1911 mags.

Listing "Original Equipment" as a brand is kind of hokey, but you may be correct.
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 10:12:36 PM EDT
[#28]
I say get some while they're in stock.  I don't think they're going to be a regular item...
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 10:37:45 PM EDT
[#29]
2 of those, 2 for my P228s, and 2 for my P238.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 1:15:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Just ordered a few. Thanks for the link.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 2:04:44 PM EDT
[#31]
you can believe some entry on a website made by a guy who probably makes $9 an hour or use the powers of deduction...  just go with what the internet says, its always right...

I don't know of any other Italian magazine manufacturer other than Mecgar.   It if says made in Italy, you can pretty much assume its Mecgar.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 2:39:03 PM EDT
[#32]
They are Mec-Gars, and identical to the MK25 mags other than markings.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 3:10:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
 It if says made in Italy, you can pretty much assume its Mecgar.
View Quote

ACT-Mag is another Italian magazine manufacturer.  A little more mix in the reviews of ACT-Mag products.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 3:45:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
$19.88 for P226 OEM 15 rounders

I just grabbed a few for my Legion SAO.
here
View Quote

Just picked up P226 Le trade in today for $399
Thanks for the link!
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 5:49:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
you can believe some entry on a website made by a guy who probably makes $9 an hour or use the powers of deduction...  just go with what the internet says, its always right...

I don't know of any other Italian magazine manufacturer other than Mecgar.   It if says made in Italy, you can pretty much assume its Mecgar.
View Quote

Actually, no, you can't, but we got past this two days ago.

I looked at what what others were saying and ordered some.

Enough.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 6:00:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Mine came in the mail today. I bought these as range/backup mags for a Taurus PT111G2. They are 15 rounders and fit in the gun well with no movement side to side at all. They strip the first round off easier than the factory mags do and stick out about an inch past the bottom of the grip. Makes a nice finger rest actually.  Nice gray finish (oily as hell out of the package) with P226-9mm on the left side of the body, round count holes on the right and Made in Italy on the front. If they hold the slide back on the last round like they supposed to, I will be quite happy and may order a couple more.

The ammo I ordered came Fed Ex and required a signature.  Been awhile since I ordered ammo.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 6:05:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Mine came in the mail today. I bought these as range/backup mags for a Taurus PT111G2. They are 15 rounders and fit in the gun well with no movement side to side at all. They strip the first round off easier than the factory mags do and stick out about an inch past the bottom of the grip. Makes a nice finger rest actually.  Nice gray finish (oily as hell out of the package) with P226-9mm on the left side of the body, round count holes on the right and Made in Italy on the front. If they hold the slide back on the last round like they supposed to, I will be quite happy and may order a couple more.

The ammo I ordered came Fed Ex and required a signature.  Been awhile since I ordered ammo.
View Quote

When did you order them?
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 7:40:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Mine came in today, packaged well, generous amount of grease coating in the package.  Only markings on the mag is "Made in Italy'" and the round count on the side...

Packaging says Original Equipment, whether they are Sig, MecGars or ACT,  OK with me, look to be great quality and as long as they are not Pro Mags, I am good for the price.  

Link Posted: 6/15/2016 11:02:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

When did you order them?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When did you order them?

6-11-16 at 5:06pm
Kinda odd, got the mags in the mail today and the ammo from Fed Ex about 4pm.
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 3:08:38 PM EDT
[#40]
I just looked at some of the newest ones and they have P226-9mm stamped on the side.  My ones from the previous order didn't have any marking other than MADE IN ITALY.

Link Posted: 6/16/2016 10:55:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I just looked at some of the newest ones and they have P226-9mm stamped on the side.  My ones from the previous order didn't have any marking other than MADE IN ITALY.

View Quote

Same here.

The P228 mags just say P228-9mm but no "Made in Italy" mark.

My P238 mags are made by "METALFORM" with no markings at all on the mags.

Hopefully get to try them all out this weekend.
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 6:03:02 PM EDT
[#42]
I got my mags from CDNN yesterday and I also ordered a few from GregcoteLLC that arrived today.  The ones from GregcoteLLC were advertised as Mec-Gar.  The mags from CDNN are the same as those from GregcoteLLC.  The CDNN mags had a little more to the packaging, but all the markings are identical, Made in Italy and P226-9mm.
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 7:18:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I got my mags from CDNN yesterday and I also ordered a few from GregcoteLLC that arrived today.  The ones from GregcoteLLC were advertised as Mec-Gar.  The mags from CDNN are the same as those from GregcoteLLC.  The CDNN mags had a little more to the packaging, but all the markings are identical, Made in Italy and P226-9mm.
View Quote

Still beating that horse?
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 7:39:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have you located a shred of evidence indicating I'm wrong?
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 8:30:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have you read the thread?  I bought some.  Still don't know if they are MecGar but I bought some so give it a rest.
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 8:43:15 PM EDT
[#46]
I bought some and they have the very same made in Italy font as my 18 round MecGar mags, but just aren't stamped MecGar. Good deal either way.
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 8:53:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Have you read the thread?  I bought some.  Still don't know if they are MecGar but I bought some so give it a rest.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't care what you buy.  I posted today to help clear up the speculation on who made the mags.  You popped back in this thread and started with the whole these mags aren't Mec-Gars crap again.  Prove it or shut up!
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 9:03:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I don't care what you buy.  I posted today to help clear up the speculation on who made the mags.  You popped back in this thread and started with the whole these mags aren't Mec-Gars crap again.  Prove it or shut up!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

When did I "pop back in" and start that they aren't MecGars?

Prove that and while you are at it, how about you prove that they are.

I don't really care but you can't seem to let it go.

Unbelievable.

Maybe you missed this:

Okay, I see what may be the MecGar symbol on a couple of 1911 mags.

Listing "Original Equipment" as a brand is kind of hokey, but you may be correct.
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 9:11:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

You implied that right here

Quoted:

Still don't know if they are MecGar

Quoted:

Same Mags as CDNN available through Greg Cote LLC.

Link Posted: 6/18/2016 10:12:03 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Still don't know if they are MecGar

Quoted:

That's not proof.  Anyone can mag their part numbers the same.

And, I don't still know that they are MecGars and neither do you really.  It seems that they might be but neither you nor I know for sure and that statement is not the same as "they aren't MecGars".

You really are hung up on being "right" on this, aren't you.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top