Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/2/2005 6:04:56 PM EDT
Can anyone tell me anything about a 2340 in .357??? I just don't see anyone talking about them....I know they are polymer framed, but how do they compare to a 229???
Link Posted: 1/2/2005 6:10:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one.  It kicks a lot but I haven't shot the 229.  Is more of a pain to strip than classic sigs.  The bore axis is higher than the 229.  It is a lot cheaper.  Does not look or feel quite as good as my 226.  But is a great deal for the money.  CDNN has them for $390 new.  Shot about 300 rounds with no problems.
Link Posted: 1/2/2005 6:55:19 PM EDT
[#2]
how about the 2 grips???? are they worth the money, or should I just spend the extra for a 229??
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 1:06:37 AM EDT
[#3]
The real difference is in the grip.  You need to pick one up in a gun shop and heft the 2340 with both grips for yourself before you can pass judgement.  Other notables is that the fire control module can easily be swapped out for a DAO unit the 2340 has an accessory rail, and the mag release can be swapped sides for lefties.  It's slightly longer, slightly lighter.  I have one with both the .357SIG and .40S&W barrels/mags.  Now that the AWB is over, you'll be able to buy 12 round capacity magazines for the 2340 like the P229.
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 6:38:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Mine came with both grips as I got the stainless nightsight model.  I probably overpaid for it at $640 but that was when they first came out.  They are a lot cheaper now.  After I got it I always did long for a classic sig.  Not to say the pro is bad, I just wanted an all metal gun.   So I eventually got a sig 226 in addition.  The pro is a great gun and very undervalued right now.  You can easily get them for $450 new at funstores.

CDNN investments has some good deals on used 229's that may be worth looking at.

The rubber grip is too fat for me as I have average size hands.  I have the standard grips on mine  I"ll sell my rubber grips for $20 shipped via paypal if anybody is interested.  They have never been used and came with my gun.
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 7:30:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Mine came with both grips, standard. Didn't know it was suppossed to be an extra feature like NS or the like.

The beefy grip will reduce felt recoil but I don't like the feel of it in hand, too bulky. But I'm firing .40 out of it, the wrist may appreciate the extra padding if firing .357Sig.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:25:50 AM EDT
[#6]
I could not be more pleased with mine it is a great deal for the money $379.99 new in the box . great trigger ,never jams and accurate.try it you'll like it .
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 9:42:12 PM EDT
[#7]
only the blueline sigpros come with 1 grip. aswell as night sights and 3 hi-cap mags. all other sigpros come with 2 grips, but the blueline [LEO] comes with the hard plastic model only.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top