Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/9/2002 1:43:29 PM EDT
Anyone have one of these on their P226.  I have been thinking of getting one since I got my first Sig, years ago.  What is the difference in handling?  Are they difficult to put in?  I wear a medium size glove and it seems that every once in a while I would like the trigger to be set just alittle further back for that first double action shot, but am worried about the trigger pull being too short on single action mode.  
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 6:18:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got one in my 226 and I find it to be very helpful in double action.  Installation was no problem at all and as I recall it came with very detailed instructions.  I have a fairly small hand and find that my 226 with the short trigger and a BHP are the only double stacks that fit my hand well.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 4:41:35 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Anyone have one of these on their P226.  I have been thinking of getting one since I got my first Sig, years ago.  What is the difference in handling?  Are they difficult to put in?  I wear a medium size glove and it seems that every once in a while I would like the trigger to be set just alittle further back for that first double action shot, but am worried about the trigger pull being too short on single action mode.  

You're not the former large animal vet are you?

The short trigger should actually be called a thin trigger. It doesn't change much but for those who find that they have trouble reaching the trigger, it's great.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 8:40:56 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I don't think so, why was he naughty?
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 5:20:31 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There's a cowboy poet on All Things Considered that billed himself as a former large animal vet
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 11:41:08 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There's a cowboy poet on All Things Considered that billed himself as a former large animal vet

That must be Baxter Black, funny as hell.  He used to live near me--dissapeared some years ago.  I think he turned up somewhere in AZ.  Not me.
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 11:21:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Despite my small hands, I’m not a big fan of the short trigger.

First, it seems to change the leverage a bit, making the DA pull feel a little heavier (to me, at least).

Second, depending on how long your trigger finger is and how you wrap it around the trigger, your finger may hit the back of the triggerguard (actually the receiver) before the weapon fires.

Third, in SA fire, you may find it uncomfortable having the tip of your trigger finger so far back.  This can also make it difficult to pull straight back on the trigger.

Obviously, YMMV.

Short triggers simply drop in – no fitting is required.  

If you want, instead of buying one, you can grind your long trigger down to a short trigger configuration.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top