Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2011 8:19:55 AM EDT
I have a 2004 P226 no rail, great gun, what could make in better? Well, I sent it back to Sig for the SRT and E2 grip. I get the gun back, take in to the range and it DOES NOT FIRE !! Single, double action, nothing. no indent on the primer even.( Win. Ranger T-series 147gr.)  Well, I call Sig, and as with all companies I have dealt with, they automatically tell you its something wrong that you are doing and always assume their buying public are assholes! The customer service guy was a condescending type, it burns my ass ! Sig has most certainly slipped in more areas other than QC.
I am awaiting the return of my once flawless go-to sidearm. It had better return to its flawless form.
To be continued.

Dr.
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 8:41:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Keep us posted.

I would not have messed with a pre-Cohen Sig.  But it's too late now...
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 9:00:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Wow, I am sorry to hear they messed something up.  I had my own issues with Sig and their customer service department and I think I have crossed the new Sig 1911 off my buy list.  Just too many stories of QC sucking.
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 9:42:24 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm torn, I really, really want the SAO P220 CDNN has on special right now.....AAARRGGHHHH!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 9:45:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Keep us posted.

I would not have messed with a pre-Cohen Sig.  But it's too late now...

I was beginning to think the same thing !! The gun wasn't THAT bad to begin with. I have small hands, and figured that the E2 grip would be a good thing, but to me, it doesn't make a lot of difference.
The SRT, I guess I could live without that too. There is still time for me to change my mind. I will have to think seriously about it. Now, can I trust them to put the old parts back in correctly????
Damn !

Dr.

Link Posted: 9/25/2011 7:12:06 PM EDT
[#5]
what happened?  if you didnt send it back to them and it still isnt working swap the parts yourself.  it is insanely easy. took me 10 minutes to do one yesterday.  ok..maybe 15 but i had to find a tool.
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 7:44:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Did someone forget to put in a firing pin?

If the hammer drops and nothing happens then either the FP is too short, or not installed.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 1:34:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Does the hammer move at all when you pull the trigger?

Link Posted: 9/27/2011 8:27:47 AM EDT
[#8]
+1 on the firing pin. Id check the hammer strut as well. They can be finicky to get in just right. Itl look right but gun won't work.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 10:08:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Well that's reassuring that everything at Sig is A-okay.

I made the mistake of sending my P228 back to them a couple of years ago when I f'd up the slide stop. They fixed that fine, but I had them refinish the slide. I don't know what kind of "finish" it is, but a can of black Krylon would have looked 100% better.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 11:51:08 AM EDT
[#10]
I ordered one of these. Will be my first Sig pistol. Hope it runs ok.  

Quoted:
I'm torn, I really, really want the SAO P220 CDNN has on special right now.....AAARRGGHHHH!!!!!!

Top Top