Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2009 8:51:34 AM EDT
I really like my G23.  The only two things I don't like are the sights and the slide stop.  I can't afford new sights right now, but I'd like to swap out the slide stop.

Is this a good price?  If not, who would you recommend?

http://www.topglock.com/item/3797_Glock_Parts_GLOCK_EXT_SLD_REL_ALL_9_4.aspx

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 10:39:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Does not look like a bad price here is a list of place you can check out.  http://www.ar15.com/content/page.html?id=375
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 1:15:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Learn to use the overhand method to release the slide. It's a very good habit to learn since it's the same motion used to clear stovepipes.  The only time I use the slide stop lever is when I want to lock the slide open manually. And even then I release it using overhand.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 2:21:15 PM EDT
[#3]
being a lefty, the extended slide stop is useful when locking the slide open.

(deej, put it in your database that i'm a southpaw)
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 2:41:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Learn to use the overhand method to release the slide. It's a very good habit to learn since it's the same motion used to clear stovepipes.  The only time I use the slide stop lever is when I want to lock the slide open manually. And even then I release it using overhand.

Same here, but that doesn't really answer the OPs question.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 3:19:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I slingshot and I do not use an extended slide stop. At a training class I attended earlier in the year a few new shooters there that had problems locking the slide open on their loaner Glocks. They were given different loaners with extended slide stops, which seemed to help them with this. So there may be a value to the extended stop even if you're not using it for releasing the slide.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 3:23:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
being a lefty, the extended slide stop is useful when locking the slide open.

(deej, put it in your database that i'm a southpaw)

This.

Trigger finger straight against frame, sweep finger up putting upward pressure on the extended slide stop, and pull slide back.  WAY easier for a lefty.

using trigger finger similarly to release the slide works as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top