Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/14/2009 6:54:28 PM EDT
I have looking at a Lone Wolf conversion barrel, and have been reading a lot of mixed reviews on them. How good is the quality? Are they reliable? I would be using on my carry gun.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:58:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have looking at a Lone Wolf conversion barrel, and have been reading a lot of mixed reviews on them. How good is the quality? Are they reliable? I would be using on my carry gun.

I have one for my G23, in 9mm.  I think it's a great barrel, very good quality.

Everyone has different experiences with them.  The chamber on mine was a bit too tight, so I had it reamed out slightly.  This vastly improved reliability.  

I also use a 9mm extractor when I convert.  (and 9mm mags of course, this should go without saying.)

You'll find varying opinions on their use for carry, but I will say that after over 1,000 flawless rounds, of various types, I have seen it now be 100% reliable, and would carry it this way with no problem.

For carry, it's all about reliability.  That's the one thing that matters.

Alot of folks report 100% reliability without any mods, or extractor change.  You just have to put it to the test.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:03:52 PM EDT
[#2]
The LW .357 barrel I have for my G35 is gtg.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:29:05 AM EDT
[#3]
I went to the local range last wed evening.  I carried my G22 with the lone wolf conversion barrel and fired about 150 rounds of reloaded ammo with out a problem............They work and for the money are a super deal..............
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:53:05 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a 5" barrel for my G21, and a 6" for my G20.  Both are accurate and have racked up thousands of rounds of flawless operation.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:49:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Very nice product and super customer support.  Got one for my comp gun, it had a very tight chamber and won't feed my reloads.  Factory ammo ran OK.  LW opened the chamber for free.  Problem solved. I'd buy from them again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top