Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2009 3:52:14 PM EDT
Theres a guy selling a Glock 19 second gen for 375 locally.  I already have one (3rd gen)....but, It seems like a decent deal and maybe make some money off it, or just...keep it and use it as a plinker/carry gun.  

I think he just has the gun and a 10rd mag.  Havent looked at it, but have seen pix and seems like it has normal wear and tear.  

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:03:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Id pick it up i love 2nd gens seem like a good buy
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:13:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Theres a guy selling a Glock 19 second gen for 375 locally.  I already have one (3rd gen)....but, It seems like a decent deal and maybe make some money off it, or just...keep it and use it as a plinker/carry gun.  

I think he just has the gun and a 10rd mag.  Havent looked at it, but have seen pix and seems like it has normal wear and tear.  

Not a bad deal, but don't expect to make any money from it.  The price seems fair at best for a used 2nd Generation Glock with only one mag (and a 10 rounder no less).  Personally, I would offer $350 first and see where it goes.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:54:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, because it only comes with the one 10 rnd mag, offer 350.  But 375 is a good deal if it's in decent shape, and it sounds like it is.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:33:51 AM EDT
[#4]
I'd pick it up.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:45:41 AM EDT
[#5]
I would pick it up if I could get it for 350. Personally, I prefer the 2nd gen. G19; the 3rd gen.finger grooves all hit in just the wrong spot for me.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:58:52 PM EDT
[#6]
He said he'd let it go for 3 fitty....  

I'm gonna check it out obviously before I pick it up.  I do have a G19, but bought it from a friend that shot one box through it so im not that Glock savy.  What fails in glocks if/when they fail?  anything to look for, feel for, listen for?  I searched page after page on here but nothing...  

Its a 2nd gen, and the guy im buying it from bought it used...so its been a whore :)  
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:30:11 PM EDT
[#7]
2nd gen 19's are great.
Field strip it and clean it, lightly lube it, shoot it.
At most it will need new springs, if nothing else for peace of mind.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:45:04 AM EDT
[#8]
The only things that break with any frequency on the 9mm Glocks are the lousy plastic sights and the trigger springs.  I'd buy a complete spring kit from someone - doesn't matter who - and replace all the springs.  The price is fair.  You will not turn a profit reselling it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top