Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2009 4:44:33 PM EDT
Will extended controls (Extended mag/slide releases) and Meprolight night sites work in a Blackhawk CQC SERPA holster or wont they fit?
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 5:06:01 PM EDT
[#1]
they will work.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 5:20:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Alright thanks for the fast reply
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 5:32:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I have not seen any problems with extended controls or night sights with the Serpa holster.  

However, I have seen problems with the activation bar for Lasermax internal laser sights.

Tip:  Mount some skate board (sandpaper) tape on the surface of the release button to encourage you to push the release before attempting to pull the pistol from the holster.  Otherwise, I have heard first hand accounts of tugging on the pistol before pressing the release and ending up with a big hole in their leg.

That said, it is the only holster I will buy.  I really like them.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 5:41:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have heard first hand accounts of tugging on the pistol before pressing the release and ending up with a big hole in their leg.

Really? I've only heard 3rd, 4th, and 5th hand accounts.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 5:52:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I can sum it up in one word serpas suck,  I have had my para get stuck in it twice this year I will never again use a serpa
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 5:53:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have heard first hand accounts of tugging on the pistol before pressing the release and ending up with a big hole in their leg.

Really? I've only heard 3rd, 4th, and 5th hand accounts.

I don't understand how the heck that would be PHYSICALLY POSSIBLE, as the triggerguard is covered......................................

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:02:18 PM EDT
[#7]
How the occurance was described to me by someone who witnessed it was that the shooter (during tactical pistol training) was pulling very hard on the pistol against the catch and then pushed hard on the release with the index finger while still pulling on the pistol.  

The pistol finally released abruptly while the person was still pushing hard with the index finger (trigger finger).  

As the pistol came out the holster the trigger finger slid upwards (with the hand and pistol) ending up on the trigger as the trigger guard cleared the holster.

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 7:09:53 PM EDT
[#8]
I could see that happening.  

It fits in with the reason the SERPA is frowned upon by some, the trigger finger being so close to the trigger, due to the position of the release.

But we're getting off-topic from the OP's question, I suppose.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 7:43:45 PM EDT
[#9]
It's a training issue. When I draw from my serpa's my trigger finger ends up on the frame, exactly where it should.

If you can't draw from a serpa without shooting yourself in the leg then it's probably not safe for you to own anything more dangerous than a sharp stick.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top