Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2009 9:00:55 PM EDT
for my G20, ammo prices are really starting to pi$$ me off, looks like this year's gonna be full of 10/22 shooting so i figured what the hell i'll get this kit for the G20 and laugh about spending 3c a round all day, anyone else have one of their kits? how do you like it and what kind of ammo are you running thru it, i'm gonna start stockpiling .22 while i ride out the backorder wait
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 12:27:22 AM EDT
[#1]
My AA kit liked CCI Mini Mag ammo.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 9:27:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

+1 on the CCI Mini Mags. I mostly shoot the 40grain high velocity stuff out of my AA kits and have never had a single issue with thousands of rounds fired.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 9:41:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
..... anyone else have one of their kits?.......

Yep, and I threaded the barrel for my can...

Link Posted: 3/26/2009 10:33:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v79/hotrod9mm/Glock/AA-G19-Suppressed.jpg

You sir suck ..... where did the barrel come from if you dont mind me asking.

Link Posted: 3/26/2009 10:43:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
.....You sir suck .....

Yea, I get that a lot!

The barrel is the one that came in the AA kit. I just threaded it and used one of the adaptors I already build so I can use the can.

Link Posted: 3/26/2009 10:52:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1 on the CCI Mini Mags. I mostly shoot the 40grain high velocity stuff out of my AA kits and have never had a single issue with thousands of rounds fired.

this

Remington GOLDEN BULLET bulk pack has worked great also
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 12:56:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
for my G20, ammo prices are really starting to pi$$ me off, looks like this year's gonna be full of 10/22 shooting so i figured what the hell i'll get this kit for the G20 and laugh about spending 3c a round all day, anyone else have one of their kits? how do you like it and what kind of ammo are you running thru it, i'm gonna start stockpiling .22 while i ride out the backorder wait

CCI Mini mags work great.  I buy them by the 5k round case.

I just wish replacement mags were cheaper and higher capacity.  Otherwise, no complaints.  It's great for introducing new shooters, and for cheap practice.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 12:56:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
.....You sir suck .....

Yea, I get that a lot!

The barrel is the one that came in the AA kit. I just threaded it and used one of the adaptors I already build so I can use the can.

I agree with the "you suck" part! I might take that back if you can give us some more info on the adaptor you're talking about

Link Posted: 3/26/2009 2:46:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Damn you HotRod................just damn you!!! Have you no shame!!!

Looks Good!!!

I can't find a LE G19 kit anywhere, one website said I could back-order but was #348 in line???

I have a Warlock that's just dyin' to get hooked up to my G19!!!

teamroper
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 3:16:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Just to rub it in. Here's my g17 with AA kit and AAC Pilot suppressor. Factory AA barrel threaded by Aquila Precision.

Link Posted: 3/26/2009 4:46:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks guys!

Close-up of the adaptor on the barrel:

And how it comes apart:

Link Posted: 3/26/2009 6:15:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Just to rub it in. Here's my g17 with AA kit and AAC Pilot suppressor. Factory AA barrel threaded by Aquila Precision.
http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq235/wreckdiver/CIMG2868-1.jpg

So you don't feel left out.............................Damn you too!!!

One of these days???

teamroper

Link Posted: 3/26/2009 9:13:44 PM EDT
[#13]
looks like we're goin thru a .22 shortage in my area also......... i couldn't find jack around here while out ammo shopping today, great now i have to start ordering it online too
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 5:19:35 AM EDT
[#14]

That's pretty slick!

What's the best and easiest way for someone like me (with no machine tools or know-how) to mount a supressor on an AA kit?
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:18:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Except during the first maybe 100rds of break-in, MiniMag 40gr has been flawless in my G26 kit.  Haven't tried the Golden Bullets yet, though I've got a bulk pack on the shelf.

Warning on one to avoid:  Winchester Xpert HV 36gr value-pack from Wal-Mart.  I don't know if the cases are a bit bigger than spec, or if they're thin-walled and enlarge on detonation –– but for whatever reason, I had 49 or 50 FTEs out of 50 rounds.  Yep, basically 100% FTE.  Sometimes racking the slide again would clear; other times, I needed to knock it out from the muzzle end because it was wedged into the chamber so tight.

That was a bummer; it's the only bulk pack I can reliably find around here.  Hope I can find something else to use the remaining 500 rds in....

And +1 for jealousy of the guys with suppressors on their AA kits.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 1:01:36 PM EDT
[#17]
I have an AA 17/22 on my G34 frame.

CCI MiniMag 40gr solids run 100%
Remington Golden Bullet 36gr HP run about 95%
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 5:33:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
What's the best and easiest way for someone like me (with no machine tools or know-how) to mount a supressor on an AA kit?

Send me a check and your barrel ......

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 6:14:25 PM EDT
[#19]
+1 for Remington Golden Bullet bulk packs being good.

+1 for the Winchester High Vel bulk packs sucking donkey, well you know the rest.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 8:52:32 PM EDT
[#20]
any of you guys try the aguila max velocity (1280fps) plated stuff in your kits? my 10/22 loves their match ammo it's not plated but if it shoots that good out of the 10/22 i thought about getting some of the plated stuff to try in the AA kit

thoughts?
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 4:45:20 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Send me a check and your barrel .......

I'll keep that in mind if I ever get my damn AA kit. Been waiting 4 + months and counting

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:06:56 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v79/hotrod9mm/Glock/AA-G19-Suppressed.jpg

I got my 23 fixed up with an AA kit, extended bbl and adaptor for my Warlock and it runs perfectly with the Rem Subsonics. Fricking quiet and light! I also got a Lone Wolf 40/9 threaded conversion bbl for my SWR Trident. Now, talk about a workhorse of a weapon. Just need a Crimson laser now.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:49:27 AM EDT
[#23]
These are obviously backordered everywhere, but where would be the best place to get on the waiting list?

I want to pick one of these up too.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:55:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I got my 23 fixed up with an AA kit, extended bbl and adaptor for my Warlock and it runs perfectly with the Rem Subsonics. Fricking quiet and light! I also got a Lone Wolf 40/9 threaded conversion bbl for my SWR Trident. Now, talk about a workhorse of a weapon. Just need a Crimson laser now.

Where did you get an extended barrel and adaptor for an AA kit?

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:00:59 AM EDT
[#25]
The wait sucks. But you will like when it arrives.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:25:00 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
These are obviously backordered everywhere, but where would be the best place to get on the waiting list?

Just bought one off the shelf a week and a half ago.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:17:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just bought one off the shelf a week and a half ago.

where, and for what model?  I want one for a G19.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top