Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2008 10:07:48 AM EDT
I was wondering if the 25 cent trigger job really works and is it worth it?
Link Posted: 9/14/2008 10:16:17 AM EDT
[#1]
most think it does work and some dont notice a diff; more noticible imo if your firearm is newer/not-as used...basically, the job simply speeds the smoothing process that regular use would do after several thousand rnds

imo, its 'worth' it b/c its free, easy, and unless you completely go nuts on the polishing, then, non damaging
Link Posted: 9/14/2008 10:16:28 AM EDT
[#2]
most think it does work and some dont notice a diff; more noticible imo if your firearm is newer/not-as used...basically, the job simply speeds the smoothing process that regular use would do after several thousand rnds

imo, its 'worth' it b/c its free, easy, and unless you completely go nuts on the polishing, then, non damaging
Link Posted: 9/14/2008 10:32:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Every Glock I've ever owned has received this in some form or fashion.  Carry guns get the .25 cent polish only.  Competition guns get a drastic variation of this, springs changed, and in the case of my G24 a complete trigger system rebuild.

You can feel the difference.  It get's rid of the gritty trigger pull feel on a new gun, and helps even on a used gun.
Link Posted: 9/15/2008 8:48:55 AM EDT
[#4]
If you've got more than a 1,000 rounds through it, I wouldn't really bother, unless you're bored. I did it on my G19 that's got maybe 1,500 rounds through it, and noticed no real difference.
Link Posted: 9/15/2008 4:58:15 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
If you've got more than a 1,000 rounds through it, I wouldn't really bother, unless you're bored. I did it on my G19 that's got maybe 1,500 rounds through it, and noticed no real difference.

I bought mine used - it was made circa 1996-1997.  In spite of the fact that it probably had many rounds through it, the polish job made a very noticeable improvement in smoothness. I don't think it made the pull any lighter, but certainly smoother.  Definitely worthwhile and easy to do.
Link Posted: 9/16/2008 4:16:19 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I agree - also my buddy got the 3.5lb 'ghost' trigger and I couldn't notice the difference, seemed like a waste of $ IMO.
Link Posted: 9/16/2008 6:17:14 PM EDT
[#7]
GregR318 is lying. I did it on his gun. I will agree that it didn't make a big difference on his. I did it on my new G20 first and it definitely smoothed out the trigger pull, removing all the grittiness from the pull. Didn't lower the pull weight and took all of 30 mins going slow.
Link Posted: 9/20/2008 11:31:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Just finished doing it to all 4 of my Glocks. Its made two of them "feel" better and yes I did it because I am very bored. Not much difference in my older glocks. It was kind of fun and now I feel confident in a full detail strip of all my weapons
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top