Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2003 11:22:27 AM EDT
Last night I dropped my G23 on the sidewalk and cracked my front sight right in half and the rear sight is all fudged up too. They both still work but I know in time the front sight will come out.

How hard is it to replace a front and rear sight? Can I put an adjustable rear on a fixed rear sight slide?

Cheap place for Night sights too might help

Thanks for your help!
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 1:56:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Those stock Glock sights are sure flimsy. My front sight on a G21 came off at the range. I called Glock, and they sent me one out for free. I sent my slide into them for a $65-installed job on Trijicons(That way you can forgo the expensive shipping cost of sending in a complete handgun).
 I would recommend to anyone with a new Glock to figure in the replacement cost of new sights.
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 1:56:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Front sight is easy...reach up inside and pull the pin that keeps tension on the sight tenons then push it out. Replace a standard front sight in reverse order. Rear sight can be drifted out with a brass punch, but the slide should be supported in a padded vise, etc.

For night sights, you NEVER want to beat and fram on them since if you do you may break the little ampule that holds the tritium and lets it glow. Do this and you will not have any warranty protection either for your expensive sights. I greatly prefer sending a slide to Trijicon and letting them do the install...they have the correct tools and experience, and if they break one THEY are responsible. Pretty quick turn-around, too...check it out here:

www.trijicon-inc.com/
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 1:57:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I can't remember were I bought my night sights from, but I did buy the glock sight insallation tool from glockmeister.com. Check some of the glock links on this page I am sure one the will have a good price on night sights. Oh and the front sight is really easy to replace. And yes you can put an adjustable rear sight on a fixed slide.
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 11:01:30 AM EDT
[#4]
There are also original conventional steel front sights for glock, of course, made by glock.  Hmmm don't know where one would get those in the states but down here are pretty easy to get as well as pretty cheap, say 10 bucks each, steel durable, look great wont come off if you know hot to install them.

HUNTER.
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 12:05:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Glockmeister sells Meprolights for 65 dollars. Call around and look into pricing for local installation. I found a guy who did a very nice job for ten dollars.
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 2:58:57 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Glockmeister sells Meprolights for 65 dollars. Call around and look into pricing for local installation. I found a guy who did a very nice job for ten dollars.

I got some of the mepros on my G36 and they are definately worth it. Cost me $10-15 to have them installed. Good deal for less than $100.

Jamie
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 1:19:13 AM EDT
[#7]
For a quick fix until you get something else,
I've seen used fixed takeoffs for only a dollar
on ebay.
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 10:17:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks again for all the help!

SO how do I go about starting the process of getting my slide to Glock and them installing night sights? I went to the Glock homepage and didnt find a thing.
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 11:25:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Try calling the service # here for Glock USA in Ga. That will get you started.

www.glock.com/contact_us.htm
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 10:28:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top