Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/2/2008 8:46:43 AM EDT
I picked up a new G21SF yesterday at the gun show. After nearly a year of looking I finally found the one with the Glock rail and single sided mag release!

I have not shot the pistol yet, but I can rack the slide, etc. and everything seems fine. However, when I disassemble the pistol and pull the slide off of the frame, the guide rod and spring always fall out. It is as if there is no spring pressure to hold it in place. I have the spring seated in the proper spot on the barrel and it does require some compression to get it into place. But for whatever reason, it is always loose when I remove the slide. My G19 doesn't do that, so I'm a little confused.

What gives?
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 11:37:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Every G21 and G21 SF I have owned has done that.  The recoil rod gets seperated from the barrel when the pistol is assembled and is only set in the groove to hold it in place while the assembly is done.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 6:31:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Same thing with my G22, G23, and G20.  Its normal.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 7:03:32 PM EDT
[#3]
My G21 must not be normal....    
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 7:22:30 PM EDT
[#4]
The same thing happens when I break my G-21 down. Even when I am using my Wolf barrel.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 6:20:38 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
My G21 must not be normal....    
Same with my 21sf, 17, and 22.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top