Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2003 11:07:47 AM EDT
Guys,

A while back I posted that "Glock took care of me" with regards to my Kaboom'd G23. They were going to replace my frame under warranty. It took 6 weeks for them to tell me that. Then, another 7 weeks to ship the gun back to me. So, I pick the new frame up from the gun shop-cost $25. I'm in a hurry, so I throw it in the van and go to work that friday afternoon. I took it to the police station on mon. to register it, find out that they only do them on Tuesdays. So, I take it home and look it over.

WTF!!! They sent me a CRACKED FRAME!!!! I've heard of Glock frames developing cracks in the accessory rail of the dust cover recently, but this one came "pre-broken"!! So, I had to register it to ship it. Glock issued a call tag, and now tell me it will be another 3 weeks IF they expedite the warranty claim!

Now, I can understand the first time taking a little time because they had a warranty claim to investigate, but it shouldn't have taken 3 months to get the gun back to me. Can someone here tell me why it should reasonably take another 3 weeks to open a box, look at the gun, say "yup, it's cracked", throw another frame on my slide, close the box up and ship it back?

At this point I am going to be without my main carry gun for almost 4 months-if everything goes as they say, and I'm out $50. Should I be pissed? What wpuld you guys do?

I think I'll go drink some warm milk or something.....

Dave
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 7:49:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Man that sucks. Keeps us informed how it turns out.
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 3:15:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, that's crap.  Glock makes insane amounts of money on what costs them probably $125 to make.  The least they could do is have something you can atleast remotely call customer service.  I feel for you man and I hope my Glock never does that.  Might make me consider a different pistol.
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 8:40:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Surprise-Surprise!

My gun came back today. And It's not cracked. Well, almost-there's a mark identical to where the last one was cracked, like the part started to separate in the mold as it cooled, but didn't quite crack. You have to look close to see it, but it's no biggie-it's not going to get any worse than it already is and it won't affect anything the way it is.

I'm a die maker by trade, and have done some injection mold work. While not an expert, this kind of thing happens in areas that are thin (cool and contract faster) than the rest of the part. It is more likely to happen when cycling molds too fast, but could just as likely happen if a bad batch of plastic is sent to the production plant.

Since I started this thread, I replaced the Glock. I couldn't wait any more! I wanted to get another Glock because I am familiar with them but I wanted to see what happened with my G23 repair. That took long enough to make me consider an XD-9 compact, but they are virtually unavailable in the USA right now. So I went to the gunshop determined to buy a carry gun and waled out with a SIG P232. Hopefully, problem solved.

Dave
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top