Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2007 9:01:39 PM EDT
I am searching for a G21 SF/GR (glock rail, non ambi mag release). My local dealer tells me that these are LEO purchases only.

Can anyone confirm that? Why would Glock restrict this combination?

FWIW - based on my research thus far it appears the option codes for the 21 are:
SF - Small Short Frame
MB - Ambidextrous Magazine release
STD - Standard Magazine release
PR - Picatinay Rail
GR - Glock Rail

All my local stores stock the G21 SF/MB/PR.

OMB Police Supply is reported to have the G21 SF/GR for $464 to LEO only but that is the only place I have found that has them. Needless to say...I am not LEO!

Link Posted: 8/2/2007 9:41:15 PM EDT
[#1]
your local dealer is full of it
Link Posted: 8/2/2007 9:55:57 PM EDT
[#2]
+1 Dealer is full of it.

They may be reserved for LE orders right now due to demand or something, but they are not LE only.

Also, SF = Short Frame.
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 12:08:01 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

OMB Police Supply is reported to have the G21 SF/GR for $464 to LEO only but that is the only place I have found that has them. Needless to say...I am not LEO!

I got both my G21SF/GR's from OMBguns.  I am military - not LE.

Membership has it's privileges  
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 5:39:16 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

No, the SF/GR/STD (mag release) are not in stock at OMB, at this time.  I know, I called and tried to order another one last night.  They did advise that they have the SF/GR/MB's in stock, though.

Some folks are being told by dealers, that they are "LE only", probably due to the fact that a large run of "blue label" SF's have been produced out of the gate, and in stock with those dealers, and fewer numbers of the white and red label guns are available (and already sold) at this time.  The blue label guns are designated for, and to be sold to, LE/Mil personnel at a discount, but doesn't necessarily mean that the model  is only sold to these groups.  Give it some time, Glock is behind right now, but will catch up, and the model you desire will be available in due time.  

I just settled on a different Glock model, to buy last night, to hold me over, until more blue label SF/GR/STD guns are out.
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 7:15:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Local shop has most of his Glocks as LEO only.  I just went and bought my 21SF from another store.
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 9:49:56 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Local shop has most of his Glocks as LEO only.  I just went and bought my 21SF from another store.

Make sure you go back and show him the sale he lost.
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 10:46:35 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Make sure you go back and show him the sale he lost.
Ehh don't want to piss him off.  He is an excellent source of CHEAP handgun ammo.
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 11:11:34 AM EDT
[#8]

Membership has it's privileges

Yeah, yeah... I did my 10 years in the Army (USASOC no less)  and got my honorable....theres no membership for that group I guess

IF *anybody* knows a dealer willing to order up a G21 SF/GR/STD please let me know...I have called 6 of my local places and they all say one of two things:

"ALL G21s are ambi with pic. rails - thats whats new about the SF and the only way they come"

or

"I cant get the 21 SF/GR/STD because its LEO only"

Link Posted: 8/13/2007 10:58:51 AM EDT
[#9]
GLOCK will be offering the 21SF with the traditional GLOCK/Sig rail.  It's listed as an item from one of the distributors that serves the gunstore I work at.  GLOCK part number P72150203.

www.davidsonsinc.com/

www.galleryofguns.com/

www.davidsonsinc.com/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top