Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2003 10:48:02 AM EDT
Does anyone have any experience w/either?  I'm considering getting a new fully supported barrel for my G27...
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 4:11:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Back when I was in the market for a barrel Jarvis only offered carbon steel. That kind of defeats the overall non-rusting quality of Glocks. I went with Bar-Sto because of the stainless and their long standing reputation for quality. I have several Bar-Sto barrels in Glocks and am pleased with all of them. One dropped in, one required minor fitting and one (for the G36) was fitted by them at the factory.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 4:41:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Dave,

I was leaning towards Bar-Sto.  I was wondering what this slight fitting necessary means?
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 7:38:54 AM EDT
[#3]
While we're on the subject, what do you think about the FireDragon barrels by Norecoil.com?

I just purchased a G35 from a Guy in Fla that comes with 3X FireDragon barrels. I didn't recieve the gun yet so I thought I would ask.

The seller tells me he has these barrels in all his Glocks and 1911's and swears by them.

Link Posted: 6/9/2003 3:01:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I've seen them in SGN but I've heard nothing about them...I'm curious too.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 6:52:23 AM EDT
[#5]
W-W,

If you order a "semi drop-in" barrel from BarSto and there are any problems, just send the barrel and slide to them (cheeper than shipping the frame which requires over-night) and they will fit the hood and lug. I had to do that with my G30 and they did it for free. The G30 has functioned (barrel related) 100% since.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top