Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2007 8:42:26 PM EDT
I've been contemplating substituting my 19 for the 36 for a while.  Finally got to handle one today at the local fun shop.  I like the thinner profile, since my one complaint about the 19 is it still bulges out too much in my IWB holster (which is the only way I've found I like to carry).

So how does it shoot?  Does it feel like a sledge hammer and really whip your wrists?  I'm okay with the 6 round mags.  7 total rounds, to me is more than enough.  Just wanting to know how it shoots.

thanks.

-mark
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 10:24:15 PM EDT
[#1]
If your looking for a little fo-five its awesome. I dont think the recoil is bad at all, however there isnt a lot of grip to hold on to and it does give a bit of kick when shooting some stout 45 defensive rounds. My bro has one and i shoot it often
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 10:39:58 PM EDT
[#2]
sup man, I have one. IM inbound
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 7:14:01 AM EDT
[#3]
I absolutely love my G39, I know it's a little thicker but it conceals easily.
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 10:18:31 PM EDT
[#4]
It's a piece of cake compared to a lightweight S&W J-frame with hot +P loads. It's also not hugely dimensionally different from the Glock models 26 and 27. It really boils down to how much you want a slim carry piece in .45 ACP as opposed to 9mm or .40 S&W with higher capacity.
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 11:03:39 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

The most important part is handling it first... You did that and liked it.

It is very accurate, recoil is minimal (absolutely not an issue), and function is flawless*.
I love the G36 and I'm sure you will feel the same.

*Back when the G36 first hit the market, there were function/reliability issues which have long since been well taken care of. Some people report that the G36 requires a strong/tight grip but, I have not noticed that. A firm (<--Clickable) grip should be used with all semi-auto handguns. (A firm grip can be loose, but steadfast.)
Don't worry about it.

As for the suggestion of moving to a G26... I do not agree. The G26 is essentially a G19 and would not be worth the time/money/effort to switch. Do yourself a favor and pick up that G36!
Link Posted: 4/24/2007 9:00:53 AM EDT
[#6]
I like my G-36 , never had a problem with it .

Link Posted: 4/24/2007 9:02:35 AM EDT
[#7]
I found the regular mag baseplate to bite my pinky when shooting.  As far as the G19 buldging when carried IWB, see sigline.
Link Posted: 4/24/2007 9:31:01 AM EDT
[#8]
I don't have the 36, but I do have it's middle sibling, the 30.

I have small hands and wrists, and I have no problems with the 30.

I would think that the 36 is the same way.
Link Posted: 4/24/2007 8:04:54 PM EDT
[#9]
My 36 has been flawless, it's just the right size.  Get the 36
Link Posted: 4/24/2007 9:23:04 PM EDT
[#10]
BTW, So that you look at real data:

The G19 is 1.5 mm wider than the G36 (that's 0.05"), and 6.0 mm taller than the G36.

If you're having trouble concealing the G19, the G36 won't make it better.

Get yourself a CTAC, and carry the G19
Link Posted: 4/25/2007 6:50:01 AM EDT
[#11]
I have both, G19 and G36. They are virtually identical in size, even fit the same holsters, so don't get the G36 if you feel the G19 is already too big.

My G36 shoots great.  More recoil than the G19 obviously, but not at all unmanageable or excessive.  I wanted a .45 for carry, and the G30 just did not fit my hand well at all, and is too thick IMHO to be comfortable for IWB carry, which is how I like to carry.

I'd say shoot one if you can before deciding.  I like mine, but I'll say this, if I could only have one it would be the G19.
Link Posted: 4/25/2007 7:05:13 AM EDT
[#12]
I love my 36. That being said I carry a Kahr PM9 when I'm dressy, and the 36 when I'm casual. The 36 seems a little too thick in my work attire. No one else would probably notice it. To my eye the Kahr disappears completely in my dress pants, the Glock in jeans, Dockers, shorts etc.

I like the .45 round, think the 9 is a minimum, and the round count is the same in both.

The 36 doesn't bother me with recoil, but it's not a gun that I plink with. Neither is the Kahr. I train with them, but shoot other stuff for fun.
Link Posted: 5/12/2007 7:00:37 PM EDT
[#13]
When low capacity is a given, I would go with a nice 1911. Capacity is a big part of the Glock "thing."
Link Posted: 5/12/2007 7:42:42 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
When low capacity is a given, I would go with a nice 1911. Capacity is a big part of the Glock "thing."

Let's not forget reliability, durability, weight and price.  
Link Posted: 5/16/2007 6:22:29 PM EDT
[#15]
I just picked up a 36 in OD it looks and feels great.
Link Posted: 5/16/2007 6:34:26 PM EDT
[#16]
It's the easiest Glock to conceal because it's so thin (IMO), kick is not as harsh as some other .45's i've shot. Accurate. Some have had some feeding issues, but mine has been absolutely flawless.

The only thing is, I have to slingshot the slide when putting in a fresh mag on some loads, usually hollows. When i've done a slide drop with the release, it will occasionally (maybe 1 outta 6 times) hang up. Since I was trained on slingshotting anyway, it's no big deal to m.
Link Posted: 5/17/2007 3:56:49 AM EDT
[#17]
It's the poorest-selling, and, in my humble opinion, worst-conceived Glock so far.  You'd be a lot better off with a G26 or G27.  I prefer the G26, as I just don't like .40s.  It's nice to know that 7 will always be enough.  I'm just not that clairvoyant.  I like the idea of at least having greater-than-10 rounds as a backup.

If you insist on the .45, for some esoteric reason, then the G30 is a much better choice, albeit 1/10" or so thicker than the G36.  
Link Posted: 5/17/2007 1:02:34 PM EDT
[#18]
I have the 21, the 30 and the 36.  Yes, I like the Glock .45.  I have carried them all at one time or another.  The vast majority of the time I grab the 36.  Basically, I trust my life to it every day.  In fact, I have it on right now.  I love this little pistol.

I have shot ~2500 rounds through it and have zero problems.  Fantastic pistol that hides well and packs plenty of punch.  Some people like the 19, I personally hate the 9mm and refuse to carry one.  That is just my personal feelings on it, I do not begrudge anyone for what they carry.  
Link Posted: 5/17/2007 6:52:24 PM EDT
[#19]
I shot the 19, 23, and 30 before deciding on the 19.  I liked them all, but to me the 19 just clicked.  I have also gotten the notion thanks to AR15COM that it is mandatory to have a 19.  After owning one for a while I see why.
Link Posted: 6/13/2007 3:33:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Just bought a G36 and a couple extra clips. Fun to shoot and accurate.
Link Posted: 6/13/2007 6:36:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Ok,I just got mine back from Glock it took a little over a week to have upgrades done on it.Now as soon as it clears I'll be off to the range.
Link Posted: 6/13/2007 7:19:51 AM EDT
[#22]
The 36 with the standard magazine is an excellent small concealable .45 pistol .  

Its easy to carry - and hides well,  due to less slide width

It also uses a caliber that is a good fight stopper .  That helps keeps you in the fight.

If it feels right to you - carry it with confidence, shoot it often, and know that you are ready for the type of situations that come up.  The capacity question;  6 + 1 is more rounds than a revolver.  Carry a  +1 for your backup mag.  Get used to it in its standard configuration - modifications can be questioned in court.

In my experience the gun is accurate.  It "pushes" rather than being "flippy", and tucks away well for CCW use. Follow up shots are not a problem - practice double taps and they will happen easily.

Its a good gun for its purpose.
Link Posted: 6/13/2007 6:53:00 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
It's the poorest-selling, and, in my humble opinion, worst-conceived Glock so far.  You'd be a lot better off with a G26 or G27.  I prefer the G26, as I just don't like .40s.  It's nice to know that 7 will always be enough.  I'm just not that clairvoyant.  I like the idea of at least having greater-than-10 rounds as a backup.

If you insist on the .45, for some esoteric reason, then the G30 is a much better choice, albeit 1/10" or so thicker than the G36.  

Hmmmmm, so other than the initial problems that have long since been ironed out, what are the glaring detractions that you have witnessed w/ your G36 ?
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 2:17:23 PM EDT
[#24]
A friend wants to sell his G36 which he bought the first year it came out. He claims he only put about 100 rounds through it because the hand grip was too small for him. I don't see much wear so what were the issues the first G36s had and what would be a fair price for the gun?

Time for an edit here. Comparing his 36 to my 36 looks like he put a lot more than 100 rounds through the thing and if he really hasn't fired it for years, he also never cleaned the thing. But it does have night sights and I also noticed a difference in the barrels. Maybe this is one of the changes Glock made to correct some of the feed and ejection problems the first 36's had. ???
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 11:11:35 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
The 36 with the standard magazine is an excellent small concealable .45 pistol .  

Its easy to carry - and hides well,  due to less slide width

The slide is .14inch less that the 30 and they are the same hight. Does that really make enough difference to justify the decease in rounds. It would seem the weight difference, fully loaded, might be a justification?
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 3:19:27 PM EDT
[#26]
BUY IT YOU PUSSY!!!!!!!!  Is that selling you on it enough.  I have a G22, G19, G26 and I just got a G38, I only got the 38 because they had no new G36's in stock, I felt one and I liked it alot but I still think the G19 is the best handgun ever.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top