Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2007 7:51:08 PM EDT
Yeah, so I gratefully drank the Glockoolaid! I ordered the koolaid a couple weeks ago, but couldn't drink it until it was delivered and an appointment was made w/ my FFL today!

I posted on THR, since they helped me over there too, but wanted to let the rest of the big Glock world @ AR know about my first acquisition, and ask about this 'Improved Extractor' deal.

The first addition to what is sure to be a growing family is my NIB G19 - HomeLand Defender. I know some people aren't down w/ the label, but it's all good, it had the 'extras' I wanted for a reasonable price, and I got a few 'extras' in addition that complete the package.

Included:
G19 - 9MM
4 - 15rd mags (wanted that anyway)
Trijicon Night Sights (wanted that)
Extended Slide Release (wanted that)
Extended Mag Release (not necessary, but ok)

My Extras:
2 Model 18 - 31rd mags
Glock sport/combat holster, just so I can have something for my CCW class, inexpensive way to get started, already eyeing some other holsters, like the Fobus that accepts rail accessories for around the house w/ the light, or some IWB options for CCW, after I take my class.

Here's the SURPRISE, I wasn't expecting. Gun was shipped NIB from Utah, to SC, but had a WARNING inside from the Massachusetts Attorney General, and a NOTICE inside informing me of an
height=8
"IMPROVED EXTRACTOR THAT PRODUCES A VISUAL AND TACTILE INDICATION OF A LOADED CHAMBER"

which reminded me of my shopping where that was something I did like about the XD series from SA, Glock is doing it a little different, but I can glide my trigger finger (RH) across the area near the chamber and feel if a round is chambered.

I've never heard of this on a Glock. Is it because they're doing them all that way now, or because I got some gun intended for Mass., even though I'm not in that state? I never heard one person at a dealer, gun show, or on these forums mention this as a feature before. I'm happy about it though, I kind of think it's cool.

Anyway, here's the pics, only had time to take it home today and clean it, try to get to range in a couple days!!! I can't wait to fire my OWN piece! I also inculded a pic of the 'improved extractor' and of the notices from Mass.

BTW, I know those LED high-end lights are supposed to be better than the Glock tac light, but I got such a good deal on it, I thought this package was worth it, and while those LEDs may get more out of low batteries, I must say this Glock light is bright enough to cause temp blindness in daylight, I didn't look right into it, but close enough to tell it was hella bright, on fresh batts anyway.

Regards,

Karz

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/karz10/G19_HLD_1.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/karz10/G19_HLD_2.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/karz10/G19_HLD_4.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/karz10/G19_HLD_5.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/karz10/G19_HLD_6.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/karz10/G19_HLD_7.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/karz10/G19_HLD_8.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/karz10/G19_HLD_9.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/karz10/G19_HLD_10.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/karz10/G19_HLD_11.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/karz10/G19_HLD_Improved_Extractor.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/karz10/G19_HLD_Improved_Extractor_.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/karz10/G19_HLD_MASS_Warning.jpg

Link Posted: 2/25/2007 8:18:00 PM EDT
[#1]
LCI (loaded chamber indicator) are the new extractors that come on all Glocks.They have been out for a while now. They also have a smaller spring loaded bearing that comes with it. Very nice set up you have and pics.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 9:44:05 PM EDT
[#2]
height=8
LCI (loaded chamber indicator) are the new extractors that come on all Glocks.They have been out for a while now. They also have a smaller spring loaded bearing that comes with it. Very nice set up you have and pics.

Thanks, I saw so many people post pics on here while I was researching, I figured what the heck, I couldn't get out to shoot today, so I thought I'd at least shoot some pics! Since I'll probably not have the patience to do it in the future h,
Thanks for the clarification. I'm glad it has it, I like it, as a new owner, God forbid something goes bump in the night, and it was dark, I think I'd find comfort in running my finger along that LCI confirming I got one ready to go.

Karz
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 8:02:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Now get some training to carry that piece!

Nice looking gun.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 8:15:16 AM EDT
[#4]
What is up with the grout on your tile?  Or lack thereof?

Oh yeah, get more mags!
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 8:45:27 AM EDT
[#5]

What is up with the grout on your tile? Or lack thereof?

It looks like one of those tile table tops

Nice pics, you need a decent holster and take the stickers off the mags
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 8:48:48 AM EDT
[#6]
why did glock change from a captured recoil spring to a flat coil spring?
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 10:21:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Wipe your ass with the Mass. paper and toss it.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 12:25:57 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
why did glock change from a captured recoil spring to a flat coil spring?

They have always been "flat" just not always captured. They went to captured to help speed up production and to make it easer to disassemble/reassemble the gun.

Link Posted: 2/26/2007 12:29:56 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Wipe your ass with the Mass...

DON'T!

Knowing Mass it has some chemical in it that will give you the piles!  
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 1:45:34 PM EDT
[#10]
height=8
Quoted:
What is up with the grout on your tile?  Or lack thereof?

Oh yeah, get more mags!

Well, I figured 120 rounds would be a good START, but I'm not done yet!

LOL, yeah, that is a coffee table, as 17L2 asks below...

height=8
It looks like one of those tile table tops

Nice pics, you need a decent holster and take the stickers off the mags

Lol, I already took the sticker off of them now, after I went to load them in the gun and all, I just took em out of the box yesterday. Hostler
Also looked at the Galco Deep Cover IWB, but that's only for the 26, which I don't have yet, and can't see spending $60+ for the Galco USA IWB which doesn't have the reinforced mouth like the DC, and only fits the 19 and not the 26 (separate part number).

And then the next thing is get some mag pouches too, haven't got that far yet.

-----------

I'm glad someone could answer that spring question, coz I couldn't!

LOL, well I was just wondering why something from the MASS attorney general would be sent out w/ stuff to other parts of the country, that's all, I just thought it was weird.

Thanks,

Karz

Link Posted: 2/26/2007 3:49:14 PM EDT
[#11]
height=8
Quoted:
Now get some training to carry that piece!

Nice looking gun.h,
I'm also looking into some other training options, haven't seen a lot of IDPA or IPSC or whatever that is, info around here. I'm still not sure who has the best clubs, ranges, classes, etc. for stuff like that around here...

Karz
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 4:30:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Since about 2004 it's been illegal in Mass. for a dealer to sell a post-1998 Glock.  So what you have there is a bit unusual in that sense.  Those warning instructions seem to make it at least 3 years old, yet you say you got it NIB.  What's the serial number prefix?  You can determine it's true birthday from that.

As far as the loaded chamber indicator goes, I think that is indeed a Mass. requirement now, but I doubt Glock did it specifically for Mass. Actually I believe Glock has given up on Mass, and is not making any further attempts to meet the ridiculous requirements the Attorney General put in place in 2004.  All we got here are a few good used Glocks
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 6:37:58 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Wipe your ass with the Mass. paper and toss it.

+1000
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 6:45:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 7:42:30 AM EDT
[#15]
height=8
Quoted:
Since about 2004 it's been illegal in Mass. for a dealer to sell a post-1998 Glock.  So what you have there is a bit unusual in that sense.  Those warning instructions seem to make it at least 3 years old, yet you say you got it NIB.  What's the serial number prefix?  You can determine it's true birthday from that.

As far as the loaded chamber indicator goes, I think that is indeed a Mass. requirement now, but I doubt Glock did it specifically for Mass. Actually I believe Glock has given up on Mass, and is not making any further attempts to meet the ridiculous requirements the Attorney General put in place in 2004.  All we got here are a few good used Glocks hewww.glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=412093#post4622219

Here is the pasted range for my prefix, which is KNF, it appears as if the closest range to mine w/ KN is either a 17 or a 19 made in the latter part of 2006:

height=8
KNB - G-34 - October 2006 - - LCI, "Austria" on frame and slide
KND - G-17 - December 2006 - 3rd Gen. - U.S. Frame with 7000350073 on frame
KNE - G17 - December 2006 - - US frame w/ 10 digit# on frame
KNM - G-19 - November 2006 - 3rd Gen.
KNP - G-19 - November 2006 - - OD, LCI, "Austria" on frame and slide, GSSF Purchase Program
KNR - G-21 - December 2006
KNU - G-22 - November 2006 - - Frame: Made in Austria
KNW - G-22 - November 2006 - - Blue Label
KNX - G-22 - December 2006 - - 10 digit # on frame, blue label
KNY - G-23 - November 2006 - 3rd Gen. - Blue label, LCI, came with 3 mags
KNZ - G-23 - November 2006 - 3rd Gen.

Now, this is a somewhat limited distribution, as it's the HomeLand Defender (warning PDF file, details what's offered under this brand), only available through Ellett Brothers (website), as the original distributor who had the units branded and equipped a certain way, in some sort of cooperation with Glock. And as far as I know, this brand was only launched within the last year, they haven't even finished the Website for the brand: Future Homeland Defender Website

So I don't know if that's why the KNF hasn't been recorded yet on Topglock, but I don't think it's an old serial number, or they would have had it by now. It looks like a close serial was KNP which is a Glock 19, but in OD, and it has the LCI. Maybe since mine has the LCI, someone along the line, Glock, Ellett Brothers, or whatever, decided they had these old Mass. cards, and since one side (those pics I sent were from one sheet of double sided paper) explained the LCI, maybe they just included that card so people would know it was there, since it's not detailed in the manual?

Karz

EDIT: Also, in researching that thread at glocktalk, I can't post yet because I'm not released by the mods yet, but I saw a post where they told someone to look in their box for the spent cartridges from testing, and look at the date on the envelope, mine says Nov07/2006
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 7:50:20 AM EDT
[#16]
height=8
Quoted:
We were doing a force on force class and one guy had one of those Glock holsters. He was trying to get enough control of me to get to his gun-meanwhile I reached over and gave the barrel a good slap, the gun popped right out of the holster-GAME ON!holster.
But thanks for the warning!

Karz
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 12:04:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Yup...that extractor has been out for awhile and it's just one more reason that most Glock haters make me laugh.  "It doesn't have a loaded chamber indicator!"

Yes it does and it has for awhile.  Even at that, there are a LOT of guns that don't have loaded chamber indicators but that doesn't write them off as being good guns.  Are people just picking up guns without a loaded chamber indicator and pulling the trigger?  Have people become that lazy as gun owners that you NEED a visual reference to tell you when the gun is loaded?  If you pick up a gun you should be opening the action and actually inspecting the chamber to see if it is loaded instead of relying on spotting a little glint of brass or a tiny nub that sticks out 1/32".

I know that I'm preaching to the choir here.  It just annoys me that this is a feature on any gun because to me, it is trivial and worthless.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 12:29:20 PM EDT
[#18]
I like the Homeland Defender engraving. Kudos on that.

The LCI is a feature that has been out for a while; It came on my G21C when I bought it in 2004 and is a very nice feature, but not something out of this world; you can retrofit any Glock model with that extractor.

That's the great thing about Glocks; they are so easy to upgrade.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 4:50:53 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I like the Homeland Defender engraving. Kudos on that.

The LCI is a feature that has been out for a while; It came on my G21C when I bought it in 2004 and is a very nice feature, but not something out of this world; you can retrofit any Glock model with that extractor.

That's the great thing about Glocks; they are so easy to upgrade.

Yup...Glock has been doing it secretively for years...
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 5:04:35 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Now, this is a somewhat limited distribution, as it's the]HomeLand Defender as the original distributor who had the units branded and equipped a certain way, in some sort of cooperation with Glock. And as far as I know, this brand was only launched within the last year, they haven't even finished the Website for the brand:

maybe they just included that card so people would know it was there, since it's not detailed in the manual?

Karz

Perhaps they produced a batch for Mass. LEO's and you got one of those?   LEO's can purchase new Glocks in Mass. (and they can sell them too, so that's about the only way us regular guys can get a new one here).  

But I have no idea why your prefix isn't listed.  I think it's clear from everything you say that you have a recently manufactured gun there, no question.  But if you're curious you can always call Glock and ask.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 8:36:30 PM EDT
[#21]
height=8
Quoted:

But I have no idea why your prefix isn't listed.  I think it's clear from everything you say that you have a recently manufactured gun there, no question.  But if you're curious you can always call Glock and ask.

Well, I finally got my account over at Glocktalk and posted about my number and it seemed like they wanted me to report it for their project, but I noticed that they asked people to note the date on the cartridges in their envelope...

Mine turned out to be first fired on Nov07/2006, so it's defninitely new. Funny, not the same year, but the day is my daughter's birthday!

Karz
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top