Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2007 7:02:41 PM EDT
I got a very nice gift, some 'ammo' - 300 rounds from Cabelas 'bulk' which happens to be ultramax reman.  I've not shot any yet, I know reman is technically a book no no, are these OK for range plinking in my G19?
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 8:15:28 PM EDT
[#1]
You could mold dog turds in to the shape of ammo and shoot it through a Glock. Whether or not the ammo is reliable is another issue. I was going to buy a bunch of Ultramax, but then I started hearing horror stories, so I passed. It isn't going to hurt anything for range ammo.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 9:15:25 AM EDT
[#2]
As long as they'll be jacketed
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 10:27:12 AM EDT
[#3]
My PD used to use Ultramax 9mm ammo for practice ammo with the MP-5's and our pistols.  The ultramax is not super-reliable ammo.  It shoots most of the time, but they have an occasional hiccup (almost always a FTF b/c of case size problems or an occasional bad primer).  It's reman ammo, so it is to be expected.  We never had any case failures of any kind.  I'd say you'll be fine, and it'll give you practice with immediate action drills - a bonus.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 12:38:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Ultramax ammo done blowed up a SLR-15 at a tactical response class.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 8:06:29 AM EDT
[#5]
If it shoots, it will probably shoot fine, but as Tommytrauma said, if it blows up it will blow that Glock up real nice!  And it won't be the Glock's fault.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 8:50:29 AM EDT
[#6]
I saw that stuff when I was at Cabelas but when I did the price per round it was more expensive than brand new Winchester white box stuff at Wally World.  Since it was a gift that is not an issue but whether or not it will harm anything I dunno.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 10:58:27 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I saw that stuff when I was at Cabelas but when I did the price per round it was more expensive than brand new Winchester white box stuff at Wally World.  

I noticed that too.  
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 5:54:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah, I wouldn't have bought it - But it was a nice intent - However, I might just have to swap the insides of the ultramax boxes with WWB when my better half and I go to the range, so nobody's feelings get hurt...

Not sure if I'll shoot it yet...
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 9:54:17 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Yeah, I wouldn't have bought it - But it was a nice intent - However, I might just have to swap the insides of the ultramax boxes with WWB when my better half and I go to the range, so nobody's feelings get hurt...

Not sure if I'll shoot it yet...

Did the wife give it to you?  I don't think you can return the reman stuff but if the wife did not give it to you it might be worth a try haha then buy the better stuff.  If she bought it though you better tough it out a bust gun is easier to deal with than a pissed off woman
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top