Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2006 5:33:10 AM EDT
I usually stick to Sig Sauer, but I'm thinking about jumping on the "Austrian bandwagon".  I've been looking for a reliable beater pistol lately, something small and light I can toss in a survival bag.  I think the G19 would fit the bill nicely.  Ammo is readily available, mags are plentiful, capacity is good, and it's an easy handling pistol that doesn't weigh much.  Is there anything problematic about the second gen G19's?  I know they don't have a rail or finger grooves, but I don't find those to be necessities anyway.  Thanks for your help.  MJD
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 5:44:36 AM EDT
[#1]
As long as it has the upgraded(free from Glock) internal parts, you won't have any problems with the G19. Great CCW!

Link Posted: 10/29/2006 6:20:54 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
As long as it has the upgraded(free from Glock) internal parts, you won't have any problems with the G19. Great CCW!

What were the failings of the regular internal parts?  How would I determine if it has the upgraded parts?  If it doesn't, how would I go about getting the upgraded parts, just write to them?  I have a chance to get the G19 for a great price so I need to know what to look for.  Thanks.  MJD
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 6:28:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Here is some good info on the 'upgrade' for the 2nd gen G19:

www.thegunzone.com/glock/upgrade-faq.html

I have a a 2nd Gen. G19 and I like it a lot. Three-letter serial number prefix, so I am good to go.

Armorer's manual can be found online for free, spare parts are at CDNN and other companies if you want to get some of them as backups.

Only downside:  stock plastic sights suck (weak, esp. for one-handed slide racking in extremis).  I looked around and decided on the Sevigny Carry, a very solid steel sight set with tritium fore and aft, like a Heinie Straight-Eight.

Anyway, I would just replace the sights with something that you like, and you're good to go.  This is a pistol that if you drop/throw/etc. you won't care about too much, as all Glocks are really the same; there's a guy selling one on the EE here for $350, and if I had the cash, I'd buy it!
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 7:01:31 AM EDT
[#4]
That's all I needed to hear!  That's the very pistol I'm talking about.  It comes with three mags, and night sights.  I just sent an email for it.  Hopefully I'm not too late.  MJD
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 3:16:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Good choice...I trust my life to a 3rd gen 19C every day....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top