Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2006 6:21:37 AM EDT
I recently picked up a Glock 36, and I must say that I like it a LOT!

I want to put nightsights on it (Specificaly Meprolights), and I've noticed that a lot of sights say "Not for the Glock 36".  

I measured the stock sights on my G36 against some other stock Glock sights that I have from a G21, and they are the same width and height.  Can I just order sights for a Glock 10mm/45acp?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/19/2006 11:26:05 AM EDT
[#1]
You can get the Meps on your 36, I have them on mine and love them (not to mention the gun).  But I would suggest the Glock factory nightsights.  They have a 15 year warranty and they have the tennifer finish on them unlike any other brand of sights so your sights may begin to rust when the rest of the gun won't.  Any other company like trijicon or meprolight only warranties they sights for 10 years so the Glock sights are the way to go, they are even cheaper.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 10/19/2006 11:36:32 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
You can get the Meps on your 36, I have them on mine and love them (not to mention the gun).  But I would suggest the Glock factory nightsights.  They have a 15 year warranty and they have the tennifer finish on them unlike any other brand of sights so your sights may begin to rust when the rest of the gun won't.  Any other company like trijicon or meprolight only warranties they sights for 10 12 years so the Glock sights are the way to go, they are even cheaper.  Good luck.

+1  I have meps on my 36
Link Posted: 10/19/2006 12:36:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, I'm aware of the different brands of nightsights, and have Meprolights on most of my guns already.  

The question was more directed at what would work or not.  Most of the manufacturers state on their sights that they're "Not for the Glock 36".

However I went straight to the source today and contacted Meprolight.  They stated that the sights made for the Glock 10mm/45acp would work, but the front screw needs to be filed down a little to allow barrel clearance (the head of the screw, not the threads).  That was more the answer I was looking for.  

So now we all know.
Link Posted: 10/21/2006 1:32:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Interesting.

I have been wanting to put Trijicon Novak night sights on mine but the website says "Fits all Glock models except the Glock 36."

This is from the FAQ on their website:

» 06. I do not see my model gun on your product list. Do you carry night sights for it?
   If your gun is not listed, please contact our custom shop to do an installation with our tritium lamps. Tooltech Gunsight will be able to quote prices, options and turnaround time. Their phone number is 248-628-1811 or e-mail them at [email protected]. (Tooltech Gunsight does not have a toll free number).

I guess an email is in order...
Link Posted: 10/21/2006 2:17:43 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Interesting.

I have been wanting to put Trijicon Novak night sights on mine but the website says "Fits all Glock models except the Glock 36."

This is from the FAQ on their website:

» 06. I do not see my model gun on your product list. Do you carry night sights for it?
   If your gun is not listed, please contact our custom shop to do an installation with our tritium lamps. Tooltech Gunsight will be able to quote prices, options and turnaround time. Their phone number is 248-628-1811 or e-mail them at [email protected]. (Tooltech Gunsight does not have a toll free number).

I guess an email is in order...

Check out the Novak style night sights made by Ameriglo.  They contain Trijicon tritium tubes, but they are cheaper, and you can install them yourself.  They come with the tools to do so.
Link Posted: 10/22/2006 9:04:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks, I hadn't heard of them until now.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 10:27:46 PM EDT
[#7]
i have the glock 36 with meprolight night sites on...the gun shop i got the gun from new had them there and i was asking for trijicons since i have them on my glock 23 already. he was out and showed me the meprolights and i liked them better and they were cheaper. he put them on for me and i like them better then the trijicons. the mepros are a bigger green glo then the trijicons. the sights are for glock 17/19. and they have been on for about a year and a half now and still love them. im thinking of getting them to replace my trijicons on my 23.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 10:38:56 PM EDT
[#8]
I got a G36 in 2000 or so, they had just started shipping.

I ordered a set of night sites from Aero-Tek for it and found out that the front screw was too long for bbl clearance. I got the Dremel out and filed down. Worked great and called Aero-Tek about it. The tech guy told me that was what they were going to do and offer it for the 36.

It was a nice packing piece, but was short on the round count. As I didn't need the thin profile for concealment, I sold it off and got my USP45C. I carried it for four years, and my USP45F for 10 years before selling it to pay bills.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 10:40:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Sorry, double tap.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top