Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/6/2006 8:26:02 PM EDT
...is it not?

I mean there a few other pistols I want, but I CANNOT rationalize anything over a Glock. I really do think the Glock is perfect, well....when equiped with TFO sights!

Does anyone else have this problem?
Link Posted: 8/6/2006 8:52:44 PM EDT
[#1]
yes it is

as much as i dont like the glock backstrap and cruddy trigger, its KISS mechanics and durablilbity and cost are VERY logical
Link Posted: 8/7/2006 7:05:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Glock isn't a pistol you love in and of itself.  But you can't rationalize against its economy of size, ease of use, utter reliability, availability of spare parts, inexpensive magazines, and low initial cost.
Link Posted: 8/7/2006 7:16:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes. They are hard to beat. The only thing that trumps them is emotional attachment.
Oho, and a 1911 is the best Low capacity 45. If you want Hi cap well, then the G21...
Link Posted: 8/7/2006 7:33:30 AM EDT
[#4]
There are only two things I trust with my eyes closed: The idea that you cannot trust anyone or anything, and my GLOCK.
Link Posted: 8/8/2006 8:38:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Glock = Perfection. That is my own opinion. I had a Beretta, Sig, and a Wilson Combat 1911 45acp. Once I bought the Glock, I sold all my other autos. I have a G22, and a G17L. I will be looking for a G26 or a G35 soon.
Link Posted: 8/8/2006 8:43:38 AM EDT
[#6]
I put a nice scratch on the slide of my G20.  

I shrugged.  Hey, the woods are tough on tools.

Do that to my 60's vintage Colt Python and I will cry like a little girl and tell you the location of the rebel base.
Link Posted: 8/8/2006 12:21:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I shoot 200 rounds a week through my trusty 17 (third gen).  In thousands of rounds I have never had a single malfunction of any kind.  It is more accurate than I am under any conditions.

I took out my $2500 Wilson Combat CQB and had 2 failures to feed in 150 rounds.  Of course, with that trigger and longer site radius, my groups are 1/2 the size of the Glock at 25 yards.  At ~10 yards the difference in accuracy is negligible.

At the end of the day, I can't justify any pistol that I can't absolutely rely on to work every time I pull the trigger.  The Glock 17 is the only pistol I own (and I have them ALL) that I can say this about with absolute confidence.
Link Posted: 8/8/2006 12:44:01 PM EDT
[#8]
With almost 100 handguns to choose from, I carry a Glock every day.  You're preaching to the choir, brother.
Link Posted: 8/8/2006 12:54:51 PM EDT
[#9]
I agree. However, I am about to buy a new FNP-9, which is very nice, IMHO. It won't replace my Glock, but I still like it none the less.
Link Posted: 8/8/2006 4:32:34 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Yes. They are hard to beat The only thing that trumps them is emotional attachment.
Oho, and a 1911 is the best Low capacity 45. If you want Hi cap well, then the G21...

Kinda like a sore pecker?  
Link Posted: 8/8/2006 4:39:59 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I put a nice scratch on the slide of my G20.  

I shrugged.  Hey, the woods are tough on tools.

Do that to my 60's vintage Colt Python and I will cry like a little girl and tell you the location of the rebel base.

Link Posted: 8/8/2006 4:41:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Ya I hear ya.

Took all the fun out of buying handguns.
Link Posted: 8/8/2006 4:49:42 PM EDT
[#13]
You're right - everything else seems to be like "fluff".

I am, however, expecting to pick up a new toy very soon now that I have on lay-away...
Link Posted: 8/8/2006 4:54:58 PM EDT
[#14]
I love GLOCK, but I'm gonna sell my G20 & G29.  The double stack mags are too big for my small hands.  I'll end up with a G22 or G33 eventually.  Recently I bought a Sig P220 and a S&W 1086.  I love the Sig and I'm trying to find a smith that can convert it to 10mm.  The 1086 is OK, it will get resold very soon.
Link Posted: 8/8/2006 5:17:04 PM EDT
[#15]
If I want to buy a pistol that's fun, interesting or historical I look elsewhere.  

If I want to buy a pistol that works I buy a Glock.
Link Posted: 8/8/2006 7:14:28 PM EDT
[#16]
The Glock 23 is the greatest handgun ever made.
Link Posted: 8/8/2006 7:39:49 PM EDT
[#17]
I have a few pistols and love to shoot all of them, but when it comes to trusting my life every day i WILL be carring my G19. I dont even think about carring anything else. I do keep another as back up in my truck but my Glock IWB 24/7.
Link Posted: 8/9/2006 5:59:03 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Glock isn't a pistol you love in and of itself.  But you can't rationalize against its economy of size, ease of use, utter reliability, availability of spare parts, inexpensive magazines, and low initial cost.

I've got an old Glock 22 that I've had for over 12 years now.  What keeps me carrying the gun is the available firepower and the gun is the size of some of it's competitors compact models.  
Link Posted: 8/9/2006 6:11:10 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I love GLOCK, but I'm gonna sell my G20 & G29.  The double stack mags are too big for my small hands.  I'll end up with a G22 or G33 eventually.  Recently I bought a Sig P220 and a S&W 1086.  I love the Sig and I'm trying to find a smith that can convert it to 10mm.  The 1086 is OK, it will get resold very soon.

Let me know what your asking for the G29
Link Posted: 8/9/2006 12:44:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/9/2006 2:28:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 2:23:22 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
The Glock 23 19 is the greatest handgun ever made.

Fixed it for ya!

Link Posted: 8/22/2006 3:51:50 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The Glock [s]23 19  34 is the greatest handgun ever made.

Fixed it for ya!

Fixed again, if you wear one in a thigh holster .  That kool-aid thing about half pissed me off too, BTW.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 6:46:30 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
With almost 100 handguns to choose from, I carry a Glock every day.  You're preaching to the choir, brother.

You are my new hero......
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 7:02:49 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I didn't know they made that many different types do tell I could be missing something interesting
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 7:08:36 PM EDT
[#26]
You're not telling me anything. I almost bought a THIRD GLOCK 19 today.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 7:15:40 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
You're not telling me anything. I almost bought a THIRD GLOCK 19 today.

I got my THIRD 19 many years ago. You have some catching up to do, buddy!
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 5:20:01 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I didn't know they made that many different types do tell I could be missing something interesting

These are just the pistols (I have quite a few revolvers too) and this pic is almost two years old now (several added since then, with only a few sold/traded away)...

And, in keeping with the spirit of this thread, I bought another Glock last week (another G19), my 10th currently (and 11th ever - I had a G38 that I parted with).
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 11:13:24 AM EDT
[#29]
Looks like I have some catching up to do, buddy...

Link Posted: 8/24/2006 9:24:43 AM EDT
[#30]
Back in the day, Glocks were the best bang for the buck and you honestly got good value for your dollar.  (I have a G17, G21 & G26.)  They were heads/shoulders above the competition and were as close to a "perfect" handgun as you could get.

I don't know if its competition or popularity; but on a price/value basis, Glocks seems to have gotten pricier compared to other comparable handguns and doesn't seem to offer the same value level anymore.

Don't get me wrong, they're KISS guns that run well and often.  But for the dollar, there's other alternatives out there on the market now that can give Glocks a fair run for its money.

Is it hard to get away from Glocks?

Yes it is, because they have set the bar high for the competition and they now have a reputation to back their guns.  That and a very good awareness of public relations.

But IMO, that has only motivated the competition to push forward harder.  Glock has essentially been coasting during this time while everyone has been pushing to catch up with them.  I only hope that the folks at Glock don't believe their own sales campaigns too much and move forward with new designs/ideas/concepts to maintain Glock's lead in innovation and design .

-Frank

Link Posted: 8/24/2006 2:32:16 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

This is it in a nutshell. Both my Glocks are great pistols (G30 and G21), but the trigger on my Kimber Custom II kicks the shit out of any Glock trigger, and the way the 1911 lines up on target can't be beat. That said, the overall nod, based on all of jasonhgross's observations, goes to the Glocks. Which is why the Kimber stays in it's gun case and the Glocks get shot all the time (not to mention that the G30 is my carry pistol).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top