Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2006 3:23:00 PM EDT
I am thinking of getting the small dot tritium sight for my G30. I am just concerned about the quality of the tritium in the sight. I recently had a bad experience with a set of PT night sights that went out after a year- no glow. Anyone ever had any trouble with the 24/7 sights? Are they as bright as Trijicon's (they are the standard by which I judge all night sights)?

ETA: I was thining of changing the sights myself. I found this website: membres.lycos.fr/shooter/glock/hg701.html

It seems easy enough. Anyone have any tips? Tools I should buy?
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:07:22 PM EDT
[#1]
If you are judging against the Trijicon set, then go ahead and spend the extra 15-25 bucks and get them. That way, you won't lose any sleep about having second-guessed yourself.

Going on 5 years on my 30, and they look as bright as the set I put on my 21 last year. My compact ACOG seems to be holding up pretty well on my AR as well. Damn goood equipment.

My .02

Have a good one!
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:20:52 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
If you are judging against the Trijicon set, then go ahead and spend the extra 15-25 bucks and get them. That way, you won't lose any sleep about having second-guessed yourself.

Going on 5 years on my 30, and they look as bright as the set I put on my 21 last year. My compact ACOG seems to be holding up pretty well on my AR as well. Damn goood equipment.

My .02

Have a good one!

So you put the 24/7 on your 30? Sorry, just need a little clarification.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:24:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I've had AO Expres 24/7 (now called PT sights) on my SIG and I despised it.

At 12-15 yds, it's ok and sight pickup is extremely fast.
At 15+ yds, the sight accuracy is way past the limit.

I installed them myself.  Really easy.  I think they came with plastic drifting set.

Do I recommend? No.

Would I buy the big dot sight again?  No.

Good thing I experimented, though.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 8:20:25 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I've had AO Expres 24/7 (now called PT sights) on my SIG and I despised it.

At 12-15 yds, it's ok and sight pickup is extremely fast.
At 15+ yds, the sight accuracy is way past the limit.

I installed them myself.  Really easy.  I think they came with plastic drifting set.

Do I recommend? No.

Would I buy the big dot sight again?  No.

Good thing I experimented, though.

This is similar to some of the reviews that I have read. I would like to retain the ability to shoot 25M+ accurately. On 24/7 's website, they have a video of long distance shooting, but most people's reviews (on the net- take it for what it's worth) say that accuracy at distance is harder.

Anyone else vouch for or against?

Is 24/7 really owned by PT? If so, that is enough to turn me away with my past experience.

And lastly, anyone tried changing out their Glock sights? Any issues I need to know about doing so? Any handy tools to have?

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:59:24 AM EDT
[#5]
If you are interested in the Ashley XS 24/7 Big dots.. look here...

getoffthex.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/962106881/m/7481095021

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:16:29 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
If you are interested in the Ashley XS 24/7 Big dots.. look here...

getoffthex.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/962106881/m/7481095021

Uh...
I need to open an email account just to register there. Can you give me the info in a nutshell?
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:00:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top