Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2006 2:47:07 PM EDT
I have a gen III Glock 19. The other day I put a hundred rounds or so through it, and my middle finger started hurting where it touches the bottom of the trigger guard almost immediately. This has not occurred with my Glock 26 (smooth finger grooves - genII?) or any other handgun I own.

Anybody else experience this? Thoughts?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:03:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Never had a problem like that.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:07:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I remember when I went to an indoor range to try out a bunch of pistols and when I shot the Glock 19, I remember a finger was hurting, but I don't remember which finger.  I thought it was my index finger, but it was so long ago (maybe a year and a half), it may have been my middle finger.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:28:22 PM EDT
[#3]
My wife would have that problem when shooting the G30 with factory ammo.  Not with the G19.  
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:48:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Try a .40 cal Glock.  Ouch.  

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:57:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a rough spot right in that exact spot. If I shoot about 600 rnds it rubbs into a blister.

I think it is your grip style. My grip style works, so I deal with the blister and callous. If I'm going to be training a lot, I'll try to remember to tape it up first...

I have noticed a little less with the Gen II PD trade in I bought, so I agree that you prob are getting a lot of grip on the finger grooves. Again, I'm not changing my grip, so it's deal with the rub or tape it up...
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:43:32 PM EDT
[#6]
it used to happen to me all the time for the first 5-6 range session and now I don't even notice it.  Don't worry it will stop
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:51:09 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
it used to happen to me all the time for the first 5-6 range session and now I don't even notice it.  Don't worry it will stop

That's exactly what I wanted to hear. Thanks brother.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:11:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Maybe if you use your middle finger more often it wont hurt as much. I usually practice this technique while driving to and from work in rush hour....I have no pain while I shoot.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:14:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Get out the dremel and take a little of the trigger guard off.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:28:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Same problem here. My grip style is a high 1911 type. When I started shooting my 35 I delevolped a blister on the inside of my middle finger (part closest to the trigger guard). After growing some balls I filed down the plastic in this area. And now little to no pain. When I have to shoot a students Glock 35 (stock and untooled) back comes the pain/blister.
If you shoot "a lot" of rounds you should build up some tough skin in this area.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:31:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:40:23 AM EDT
[#12]
If you'd quit flipping it off everytime it kabooms...  
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:48:54 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I have a gen III Glock 19. The other day I put a hundred rounds or so through it, and my middle finger started hurting where it touches the bottom of the trigger guard almost immediately. This has not occurred with my Glock 26 (smooth finger grooves - genII?) or any other handgun I own.

Anybody else experience this? Thoughts?

The finger grooves were not a big fan of the way I grip a gun.  So, I took a bench grinder to it one day and ground off the grooves so my fingers could go where they needed to...... FIXED IT.  Now my finger fits a whole lot better and feels great.  You will still get a few rubs as you adjust to shooting, but this helped me and my preferance.

I used some sand paper to smooth it up after I was done.  Like I said I used a bench grinder, it isn't a science, just used some care and knocked those puppies off there.

Oh yeah, Popeye used to hurt his fingers alot.  He soaked them in Olive Oil..........
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:51:17 PM EDT
[#14]
arthritis?
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:00:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Same problem here.  It wasn't a big deal when I was shooting more and doing dry fire stuff every day.  Keep practicing so you'll build up a callous and then it won't hurt, as much.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top