Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2006 6:42:52 AM EDT
Do they work?

I'm thinking about a sub 2000 and want a 40 but will get a 9 if the 29 rnd scherers don't work.

Thanks

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:46:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Most do, some don't. The ones I have work fine but I've read where others have had problems.

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:05:26 AM EDT
[#2]
My Glock 33rd 9mm mags seem to have trouble with 33rd of 9mm. I think it has to do with the stock spring with the +2 base plate.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:08:39 AM EDT
[#3]
my 29rd .40 mag has no problems and work well
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:21:38 AM EDT
[#4]
What type of baseplate is used on the Scherers? I heard that they can easily pop out and are not like the Glock baseplates. I have read about LEOs emptying their mag as they were getting out of their patrol cars because the Scherer baseplate snagged on something and it pulled off. The Glock baseplates require the insert to be pushed down and a squeezing motion on the mag itself to release the two "nubs".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top