Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2006 4:59:51 PM EDT
Ok I may be in the minority but I like the outline rear Glock sight.  I'd like to upgrade just the front sight of my G23 to a Tritium piece.  Can I get such an animal that will work with my stock rear?  Is the R&R of the front sight easy to do?

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:21:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Lone Wolf sells factory front Glock NS, AmeriGlo and a couple others that will work. All are available in stock height.

Link

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:57:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Hey Thanks

What exactly is the crimp tool they're talking about as far as installation goes?

R
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:33:23 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
What exactly is the crimp tool they're talking about as far as installation goes?

If it was me I would get the aftermarket front because the factory crimp on NS are not very good. Most have problems with them comming loose after a few thousand rds or the tritium just leaks out and you have to replace the factory sight again. The factory tool is about $35 and pictured below.

Link, item # GLO-ST17A24

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:06:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Hmm Ok I could see it coming loose.  How do the aftermarket front sights mount?  Is there machining of the slide for a dove tail?

Rob
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:20:48 PM EDT
[#5]
The front of the aftermarket sights bolt on using a 3/16" nut driver. Some rear sights require a sight pusher tool, some have a set screw.    
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:12:45 AM EDT
[#6]
The sights that have the nut/bolt kinda deal sound good.  Do you have to have a super small driver for that?  Or will the normal drivers fit down in there?

Thanks for the help

Rob
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:30:37 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Do you have to have a super small driver for that?  Or will the normal drivers fit down in there?

Rob
If you have access to a bench grinder you can get a 3/32" deep socket and grind the sides down near the end of the socket so it will fit the nut. Or some venders have a cheap nut driver they will sell/send you with the front sight.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:47:35 AM EDT
[#8]
I can do that.  Thanks again

Rob
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top