Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/22/2006 7:48:20 PM EDT
Hey guys.

I've been shooting a glock at the local competitions where we shoot at steel plates. The plates are white, the same color as my front sight post. I was wondering if I could buy a replacement in different colors. I don't need anything really fancy, but I just need it a different color so it doesn't blend in with the targets. I looked on glockmiester and didn't see anything that fit the bill. Thanks for any info.

Couch-Commando
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:27:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Trust me on this one.  Get a Dawson fiber optic front sight, they aren't that expensive and make a WORLD of difference.  Can't really remember a price off hand, but I think I paid around $70 shipped for a fiber optic front sight and a Heinie rear sight for my G34 and it was the best aftermarket accessory that I've ever purchased for any gun.

I believe their website is Dawson Precision
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:48:20 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Trust me on this one.  Get a Dawson fiber optic front sight, they aren't that expensive and make a WORLD of difference.  Can't really remember a price off hand, but I think I paid around $70 shipped for a fiber optic front sight and a Heinie rear sight for my G34 and it was the best aftermarket accessory that I've ever purchased for any gun.

I believe their website is Dawson Precision

thanks. I'll look into it.  
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:01:59 PM EDT
[#3]
If your using factory bar/dot sights, just paint the front dot w/orange model car paint! I've done this in the past shooting bowling pins.

teamroper
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:15:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Like Teamroper said, try useing the Testor Blaze Orange paint, it cost less than a dollar at Walmart in the model plane /car section.  I use it on all my non-night sighted pistols. It really stands out  and when given a coat of my wife's clear nail polish it is quite long lasting.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top