Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2006 8:31:40 AM EDT
Would do you prefer? Truglo Tritium fiber optic or XS 24/7 small dot sights? I'm getting rid of the plastic factory adjustables.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:08:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Tru Glo All the way. They are unbelievable.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:15:48 AM EDT
[#2]
TrueGlo's are clunky looking compared to the XS, I'm sticking to Trijicon from now on.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:27:43 AM EDT
[#3]
trijicons on all mine
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 8:17:23 AM EDT
[#4]
I have tru glo on my concealed weapon, but on my duty weapon I carry P-T sights.  They have the multi color sights and different options on sight configurations as well.  I use the traditional 3 dot pitcure with red/green/red

I spoken with a customer service rep (Jerri) and she was really friendly, she advised me that they now have a new tritium source and that some of the old quality issues are now taken care of.

Here's some of their products.

www.ptnightsights.com/color.html

edited to say..... They run about $69 a set plus $12 shipping.  Not bad.  They've also replaced my old tritium viles with new one with no charge.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:09:31 AM EDT
[#5]
I had XS and IT IS a matter of personel preferance....Not for me....The dot bar concept...
Yes they work as advertised and take some getting use to...
As for Truglow...I like the plain fiber optic but but with one critisium...I don't like all green..
I do prefer trijicons...Last year I sent back the set I had on my G21 for new lamps...I belive it cost me $35.00....They were very dim..
I aske the tech "IF" I could get any color other than all green...They only have 2 for handguns...
They did..Green and yellow.....I now have a green front which is the brightest of tritium lamps and yellows rears.....
That combinaton is really fast to line up in the dark.
Almost as fast as Heine straight eights and XS sights...
These two are by far the fastest IMHO to line up in dark places.....
As for  colored tritium....Only one problem....Other than green and yellow...The others do not last as long as green's or yellow tritium in terms of brigtness over the years...
The brightness is about half that of Grn or yel...
Have you looked at a set trijicons with grn front and yel rear????Or how about Straight 8's...
And one last thing...
If you going to get a set for a combat/defensive pistol....I would shy away from adjustable sights.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top