Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2006 5:44:38 PM EDT
I have a 3rd Gen 19 and tried to fire it with the factory Glock light on it today. After about 4 rounds, the light popped off. I reattached it, made sure it was fully seated and tried again. This time 2 rounds and it popped off. In looking it over, the spring tension on the bar ( not really sure what else to call it ) that clips into the groove across the bottom of the frame seems fine, but the bar has a squared side and a tapered side. On this light, the tapered side is forward. This allows the light to pop off with a little force. Is this backwards on my light? Is there a way to change it so I have a usable light until I can afford to drop some cash on a Surefire? Thanks in advance.

EDITTED TO ADD... I figured out how to flip the bar. It rests on top of another piece that is under spring tension. You have to use a small screw driver to push the piece under the sloped bar down, then can slide it out the side and flip it around. Will have to see how it works now. Thanks for clearing up the direction the slanted part should face.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:47:15 PM EDT
[#1]
yes that bar it backwards.  It should be easy to put it on, not take off.  Same thing will happen to your slide if the slide lock is put in backwards.  Ive never seen the light, but if you can release the tension on the spring and flip it around your in business.  If not..........back to the factory.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:27:53 AM EDT
[#2]
never had this problem with mine...here you can see the correct position of the bar

Frens
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:06:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeppers, mine was backwards. Got it turned around now though, hopefully won't have any more problems.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top