Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2006 2:07:04 PM EDT
This month marks 20 years of carrying a Glock. It brings back alot of memories.

Starting in 86' when i worked in Coast Guns & Police Supply in Cardiff, California.
We all carried in the shop back then as a deterent to those who would hold us up.
I chose this new Glock 17 based on what the owner & manager told me was important in a pistol.
They were both Vietnam vets, the mang. having done 20 years with the marine corp. 2 of them in Nam. I figured they new thier stuff.
I remember back then everyone gave me shit about the plastic pistol.
I remember almost every cop that came in the shop carried a revolver. "cause autos jammed"
I remember a whole shitload of self proclaimed experts told me it would break before 1000 rounds.
I remember most of the gun writers bashing it.
In 88' I joined the Rangers, and when i got to Ft. Lewis,
I remember wishing i had a glock instead of the Burrito 92 they issued me.
A carry permit was easy to get in WA.  so i got one and carried my Glock 17 when not at work.
I remember getting hi-caps for like 12 bucks.
I remember having my G17 tucked in my dress blues when i got married.
I remember when we jumped into Rio Hato wishing i had my glock instead of the burrito 92.(and an M14 for that matter, ha, ha)
i could go on and on, alots changed since then. funny how things have changed, joe

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:09:26 PM EDT
[#1]
neato
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:31:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I see some of the contractors over here in Iraq carrying glocks - man am I jealous.  Or the SEALS carrying Sigs.  The M-9 is certainly not inspiring by any means to have on my leg all day...
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:33:30 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I see some of the contractors over here in Iraq carrying glocks - man am I jealous.  Or the SEALS carrying Sigs.  The M-9 is certainly not inspiring by any means to have on my leg all day...

Yes i think that the state dept. approved pistol for contractors is the 19.

Watch yourself over there brother, and thanks.

joe
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:38:35 AM EDT
[#4]
I started in 1991 and am still carrying a G19. I love this weapon and will allways have one. Say what you want about the little plastic gun but it works.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:39:48 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Watch your back over there bro- Which drop leg do most of you guys use?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:05:33 AM EDT
[#6]
I started yesterday. and I've loved every minute of it. great reliability the ENTIRE time I've carried. not one FTF or FTE.

haha. good to hear
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:42:14 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes i think that the state dept. approved pistol for contractors is the 19.

Watch yourself over there brother, and thanks.

joe

Yes, the 19 is the issued pistol for the State contract.  Many other contractors are using Glocks too.  It is also the pistol being issued to the Iraqi police so you will see them in the hands of Iraqis.  Many are stolen and black market so the BGs have some also.

philp110 what is your AO?  Mine is Baghdad.

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:43:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Next week will mark two years of carrying my G19
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:46:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Hummm, IIRC I still have about 6 months before my G17 turns 20.

Congratulations, did ya have a party?

Mike
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 12:40:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Do you still have that G17? Let's see some pics!

I've had my GLOCK 19 for over ten years(I bought it used, the pistol is 18 years old) and carried it for seven.

I'll show you mine if you show me yours.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 12:52:45 PM EDT
[#11]
I got my first Glock (G17) in 1986.
I wish I still had that wonder nine.

I guess my pair of G21's will do
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:11:37 PM EDT
[#12]
I can remember some silly shit -you can't carry it because, it's dangerous. What's dangerous about it? It's dangerous!

15 years later, it's issued
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:40:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Yes, the 19 is the issued pistol for the State contract. Many other contractors are using Glocks too. It is also the pistol being issued to the Iraqi police so you will see them in the hands of Iraqis. Many are stolen and black market so the BGs have some also.

philp110 what is your AO? Mine is Baghdad.

I am in Baghdad as well - in the I.Z.  Not for long, though!  One more week, baby!  

CTKurt - my drop leg that I enjoy the most is the standard Blackhawk Omega 6.  I got one from a wonderful lady at Soldiersangels.com who sponsored me and hooked me up with some sweet gear many months ago.  If you can swing it, Blackhawk makes a sweet CQC Serpa - you would look really highspeed!  I feel I look sweet enough with the Omega - even to pose with a feline like this!

Phil
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:00:02 PM EDT
[#14]
www.soldiersangels.com. Good site. Great idea.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:06:05 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes, the 19 is the issued pistol for the State contract. Many other contractors are using Glocks too. It is also the pistol being issued to the Iraqi police so you will see them in the hands of Iraqis. Many are stolen and black market so the BGs have some also.

I am in Baghdad as well - in the I.Z.  Not for long, though!  One more week, baby!  

CTKurt - my drop leg that I enjoy the most is the standard Blackhawk Omega 6.  I got one from a wonderful lady at Soldiersangels.com who sponsored me and hooked me up with some sweet gear many months ago.  If you can swing it, Blackhawk makes a sweet CQC Serpa - you would look really highspeed!  I feel I look sweet enough with the Omega - even to pose with a feline like this!

Phil

One more week until you come back to Michigan and start bothering me.......and you know man, having a sidearm strapped to your leg doesnt make you look any less gay in that picture. With a little kitty....geez. You ought to post a pic of that cute gun shooting girlfriend of yours to prove to you still like women.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:11:42 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
One more week until you come back to Michigan and start bothering me.......and you know man, having a sidearm strapped to your leg doesnt make you looks any less gay in that picture. With a little kitty....geez. You ought to post a pic of that cute gun shooting girlfriend of yours to prove to you still like women.

That's not what your sister just told me!  (No really, I am serious.  I am talking to her)
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:23:37 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Phil

I thought that high speed dudes ate cats...raw?!

J/K, thanks for serving and hurry up and get back home!
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 11:58:18 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Phil

J/K, thanks for serving and hurry up and get back home!

My pleasure.  One more week and I will be!
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:31:37 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Phil

He's right man, you really wussed out.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:43:40 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Hummm, IIRC I still have about 6 months before my G17 turns 20.

Congratulations, did ya have a party?

Mike

just a little one, me and the 3 glocks, 19, 17, 34

joe
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:47:03 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Do you still have that G17? Let's see some pics!

I've had my GLOCK 19 for over ten years(I bought it used, the pistol is 18 years old) and carried it for seven.

I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

No, sadly i dont have my first one, divorce forced sale of most of my guns in 93. Had that first one 7 yrs. though. then got another one in 94.

joe
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:32:59 AM EDT
[#22]
Its been alittle over a year of actual concealed carry of my G32
but i have had a glock for about 12 years. Back when they first
came out i had a G19 with hi-caps and sold it like a big dummy
wish i would have kept it if i knew what was going to happen with
the hi-cap law. DAMN!!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 1:51:00 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Its been alittle over a year of actual concealed carry of my G32
but i have had a glock for about 12 years. Back when they first
came out i had a G19 with hi-caps and sold it like a big dummy
wish i would have kept it if i knew what was going to happen with
the hi-cap law. DAMN!!

we all went through that brother, so dont feel to dumb, i sold 2 car-15s, my glock, and an M1A, all 6 months before the ban, it cost me alot more later to get some of that stuff again.

joe
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:10:58 PM EDT
[#24]
i have owned glocks for about 13 years now
G17
G23
G22 (sold several years ago) And if i can find a good deal this weekend at the gun show A G21 is going to get adopted
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top