Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2006 8:16:42 PM EDT
Anyone using them? I found them at CDNN for the Glock 21 for $69. Never had a ghost ring on a pistol before, and I definitely want to upgrade to night sights. Think this is a good option?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:19:55 AM EDT
[#1]
No one?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:08:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't care for ghost rings sights on pistols. To be used properly, a ghost ring sight must be close to your eye. This does not work on a handgun. To me they are a gimicky fad.  For $69 you can get a set of Meprolites, which are very good sights for the GLOCK.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:44:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I would check out steel sights without tritium.  You should technically have a white light with you and be able to see what you shoot - otherwise how can you know they are a threat?  Plus they are cheaper.

But, I assume you will still want night sights so I will agree with triburst that ghost rings belong on long arms.

G
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:43:22 AM EDT
[#4]
I had bought a G21 with AG ghostring nightsights already on them. I took them off quickly and sold them. Ghostrings do not work well on a handgun and I did not at all experience increased accuracy, nor speed.
I also have two Glocks with 24/7 Express sights and find that Meps work better for me. If you want really excellent sights go with Heinie S8 with the racecut and your money is well spent.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 1:53:38 PM EDT
[#5]
the gost-rings must be better, as they come standard on hi-points
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top