Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2006 12:10:40 PM EDT
OK,
I bought my first G17 a little over a year ago, it was like new but it was used.
The previous owner but in an Aerotech or something like that guiderod and wolf spring (MAN IS IT HARD TO GET THAT THING BACK IN!)  Anyway, it came with the orignal guiderod also.

I just bought a OD G17 today.
While playing with them I moved the the Aerotech guide rod and wolf spring into the OD 17.
At that time I noticed the two Glock guiderods were not the same.

The one that came in the OD is marked 5579
The other one is marked 5600.

One is longer then the other, which is the correct one and what is the other one meant for?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 12:18:35 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
OK,
I bought my first G17 a little over a year ago, it was like new but it was used.
The previous owner but in an Aerotech or something like that guiderod and wolf spring (MAN IS IT HARD TO GET THAT THING BACK IN!)  Anyway, it came with the orignal guiderod also.

I just bought a OD G17 today.
While playing with them I moved the the Aerotech guide rod and wolf spring into the OD 17.
At that time I noticed the two Glock guiderods were not the same.

The one that came in the OD is marked 5579
The other one is marked 5600.

One is longer then the other, which is the correct one and what is the other one meant for?

Thanks!

5579 is the correct part for a G17.  Part No. 5600 is for a G20/21.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 12:24:22 PM EDT
[#2]
haha great so one has the wrong one in it...

Im gonna have to find someone who wants to do a swap.

Thanks!

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:05:26 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Im gonna have to find someone who wants to do a swap.

Just call Glock and tell them someone installed the incorrect G/Rod in your G17, they will more then likely send you a replacement at no charge.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top