Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2006 7:24:30 PM EDT
I see that Scherer makes a high capacity round mag for the G23, which i have but can i order that and use it for my G27 also? The G23 mag fits the 27 just like its the same gun but i just didnt know if there were any setbacks on doing that. Thanxs.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:38:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Buy genuine Glock manufactured magazines.  You'll thank yourself later.

If using a 22 or 23 mag in a 27 use one of the A&G grip extenders to keep the longer mag from rocking in the short mag well of the 27.  The only time my G27 has ever malf'd was when using a G22 mag without the slip over A&G doohicky.

ETA: This pic
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:43:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I've used a G23 mag in my G27 on several occasions with and without the the pearce pice that fills in the grip. It has never given me a problem of any kind. BUT, I have heard of people putting too much pressure on their pinky and pulling back on the mag too much... This reportedly caused the gun to malfunction by changing the angle at which the bullet indexed the feed ramp... I also wanted to mention that I used the sherer grip extension on my G27 mags for years with no problem but recently switched over to Glocks 10 round G27 mag that use to be L.E. only and they work 100% too... Hope some of that helped....
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:45:01 PM EDT
[#3]
My mistake.... the fill in piece I described is made by A&G... Works great...  Glock name brand mags are the ONLY way to go....
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:46:27 PM EDT
[#4]
You can also use a FACTORY G22 mag in your G27.    
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 10:02:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I have heard that Scherer mags are not 100% reliable.  Especially their hi-capacity ones.  I don't have first hand experience though, as I only purchase Glock brand magazines when buying extra.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 10:21:53 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a couple of the Scherer 29rd mags for my G24. I ran it in a friends G35 the other day at the range and had no problems until the last rd in a rapid fire test. So I will need to check it again, as the spring might be getting weak after setting full for the last 2yrs in the glove box.  
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 11:41:17 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I have a couple of the Scherer 29rd mags for my G24. I ran it in a friends G35 the other day at the range and had no problems until the last rd in a rapid fire test. So I will need to check it again, as the spring might be getting weak after setting full for the last 2yrs in the glove box.  

Magazine springs don't go bad from sitting around fully loaded.  It's the constant cycling of loading and unloading that causes a spring to take a set.  That or overloading it more than a few times.  As in squeezing 11 rounds into a 10 round mag.  Sounds like you have one of those unreliable Scherer mags.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top