Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2005 9:01:18 PM EDT
Can you G34 owners possibly describe how the G34 shoots compared to a G17?  I found one this past weekend and was wondering how they shot.  I like the feel of it more than the 17.  More or less recoil?    

thanks for any input.

Will
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:14:12 PM EDT
[#1]
oops, brain fart
I made a mistake I have a G35 sorry
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:32:23 AM EDT
[#2]
I can't really tell a difference in recoil between my 17 and 34, the 34 may have a little less felt recoil, I can't really say for sure.

As far as how they shoot, get the G34 and don't look back.  I can't say enough good about mine, wish I would have gotten one a long time ago.

My next purchase is going to be a G35!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:02:31 AM EDT
[#3]
I am buying the G17 tonight!  And I already know that I am going be buying the G34 in the next few months!  And then the G24C next year!!!

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:02:54 AM EDT
[#4]
If I were you, I would pick up the G24C first.  It's a limited production run and might not be around next year.

Quoted:
I am buying the G17 tonight!  And I already know that I am going be buying the G34 in the next few months!  And then the G24C next year!!!

www.glock.com/g17.jpg www.glock.com/g34.jpg www.glock.com/g17L.jpg

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 1:10:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I am actually considering getting rid of my g37 for another 34. I have one now and its my best shooter.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 5:34:52 PM EDT
[#6]
So other than an extra inch on the sight radius/barrel length does the 34 really offer anything over the 17. I know 34 comes stock with a lighter trigger pull, extended slide lock and mag release. All these things could be added to a 17 for very little. Will the 34 really be that more accurate though? Anyone out there own both? If so what are your opinion's between these two pistols?
Thanks,
Tex
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 6:33:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Well here goes my .02. I owned and shot a 34 in IDPA. I think it is a great pistol. I have since gone to the G17. There are more holster options for the G17 than the G34. I have a G22 and G19 so all my holsters work with all my pistols. That may not be an issue for you.

I could'nt see any difference in the recoil or accuracy in the G34. I have friends that say they can tell the difference. What is the main use? Carry? Competition? Plinking? If you can get your hands on one to shoot before you purchase that will help you make up your mind.

You could always get both.

Either way you will not go wrong. Glock pistols are some of the best in the world.

popodaman  
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:26:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Popodaman thanks for the insight.

Would it change anything for anyone if this pistol was going to be used for uniform patrol. You don't have to concern yourself with conceled carry. Really you would have one holster that you carry in daily. With that in mind would it make the 34 any more usefull over the 17?
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:16:02 AM EDT
[#9]
I own both the G34 and the G17.  If I were going to be carrying it, especially for duty use, I would have to go with th3 G17, no questions asked.  If you are wanting it for plinking or IDPA/IPSC use, I would say go with the G34
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:07:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Mainly for me its going to be used for plinking.  I cant carry here in NE so thats not an issue.  I plan on getting a 17 or 19 in the next year as well.  I was able to hold one and just felt that it pointed easier.  I have no idea what im goingto use for a holster, but im sure ill come up with something.  

thanks for the info.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top