Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2005 6:58:47 PM EDT
So I was cleaning my G17 while watching the first season of "Lost". Needless to say, I was deeply enthralled with the show. I had just finished lubricating it, and because i'm an idiot I neglected to replace the recoil spring and guide prior to putting the slide back onto the frame

Now, the slide refuses to come off the frame, even when I hit the release to disengage the slide. Any one have any clues on removing it? I imagine it's engaged some of the internals and that's why it refuses to come off.

Guess this is what I get for paying too much attention to the damn toob
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:06:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:55:03 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I just went and tied it with my G22, and all I had to do was apply forward pressure on the slide and pull the trigger. It came right apart when I did it.

what he said
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:56:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Outstanding. Thank you both. I think i'll take that mistake as a cue to get some sleep
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top