Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/25/2021 4:03:07 PM EDT
For 77Bronc's 7700 post, some good news.   I put my name on a waiting list for a Glock 48 at the end of January this year at my favorite gun store and I forgot about it, really forgot, maybe that is the best way to wait these things out...

Anyway, they called just now and asked if I still wanted it, I said yes ma'am I do....so I am getting it tomorrow.   I have been buying Shield Arms mags and have an extra SA metal mag catch ready to go in the pistol.

I have been planning to take one of my Glocks and go full bore: RDS, upgraded trigger, tweak the internals....this is the one I think I am going to do this with...

Will post pics tomorrow when I get home with it.....

ETA:  I already have a 43 and 43X, so this is the last leg of the tripod....
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 4:15:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Definitely a solid choice for rds and trigger work. I love my 43x. Those Shield Arms S15s are a damn game changer.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 4:33:50 PM EDT
[#2]
G48 + Shield Arms mags is an awesome combo. It's basically a ~20% thinner G19 at that point.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 6:54:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Congrats!
I was close to buying one but they wanted $699. I'll wait for a better deal!
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 9:27:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Congrats!
View Quote

Ouuuuchhhh, that is brutal....

I am embarased to say what I am paying for mine....they have only one, if they had more, I would buy two.

Link Posted: 3/27/2021 4:41:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Update:

The 48 made it home.   It stopped at the range first for a few rounds and was great.    Balance was good.  No shots for accuracy just to try it out

Now joins its two smaller brothers, 43 and 43X

Still working on plans for it.  

I am very pleased

Link Posted: 3/27/2021 11:23:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Congratulations! Picked mine up last Monday, RMRcc showed up Friday just waiting for my Dawson sights so I can send my slide off to Jagerwerks to mill/install my sights and refinish.
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 12:18:24 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a couple 43x and 19s.  Been eying the 48.   May just have a slide made for one of my 43x frames.
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 10:02:20 AM EDT
[#8]
I am really leaning towards a 48 MOS.

I have a stock 43X
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 11:34:45 PM EDT
[#9]
I waited a week for my G48 but dang, now I am waiting on SA S15 mags, was told it'll be 40-60 days.  It's been 5 weeks now.....hope to see email from them soon

I found 43 raw slide at a gun show, picked it up, ordered Trybe barrel from Optics Planet, bought 43x upper kit along with Apex trigger so now I have 48 and 43x.  

I tried carrying G48 for a week, then tried 43x for a week and preferred 43x better.  

I am looking for a shop to do Cerakote coating and different engraving from many other slides out there....found a shop that will do it but they are also busy and waiting for them to get back to me.....another waiting game
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 6:42:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Good purchase.  

The 43 and 48 are my favorite Glocks.  Maybe favorite handguns.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 7:06:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Very nice!  It took me about 1.5 to 2 months to get my G 43x in summer 2020.  Then it took about 5 months for the S15 mags to show up.  It took so long for the S15 mags to show up, I ordered a 2nd set, and meant to cancel whichever order came second, and then forgot to cancel, so I'm sitting on 6x at the moment.

I've been wanting to RMR the slide and put a red-dot on it, but have been too lazy and cheap to do so.

Quoted:
Congrats!
View Quote

I saw a 43x for $433 (non blue-label) earlier today.  Of course it's OOS right now.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 3:34:08 PM EDT
[#12]
IF I had to do all over again I would settle on the 43X and maybe have two or three of them.

The 43 is actually too small for me, the 43X is perfect.

Now that I have the 48 in my hands, it will become a dedicated range pistol....will machine the slide for a RMR and will upgrade it with an aftermarket trigger an some Vickers Tactical accessories

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top