Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/2/2021 9:33:05 PM EDT
Anybody have a current backorder timeframe for Shield Arms S15 magazines? Wondering if it is weeks or months. Thanks
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 10:11:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Weeks. Ordered 3 of the standard black mags and the steel catch on the 7th.  Had them early last week or the end of the previous week.  Hold on, found my pack slip:  Ordered on the 8th, shipped on the 19th.  

I have not shot the gun yet, or loaded the mags.  But did run into an issue where the followers were putting the slide stop in a bind, and they wouldn't drop free.  Checked the factory mags, and those had plenty of clearance.  Took a square carbide bit on the dremel and shaved/cut the little notch half a millimeter towards the barrel centerline, and then they dropped.  Also, small issue where the left side of the mag towards the top/front, is hitting, was hitting a "shelf" on the frame, under the slide stop.  The mag was chewing up the frame, since it isn't beveled in that spot like the factory mags.  I cut a small divot with a new x-acto blade, so it would have a "ramp" to help with mag insertion.  Eventually, it could canoe enough of the frame's plastic where it would/could maybe contact the bottom of the slide stop.  The left front, top corner of the mag, where the notch is and where the follower is most visible, really needs a bevel to it.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 12:32:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Mine was exactly 2 weeks less than a month ago
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 5:36:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mine was exactly 2 weeks less than a month ago
View Quote

This is about the same for me, but I did order some more, and they have gone silent.  I will look back at my emails and see what the dates are

ETA:  I ordered the first two along with a metal mag catch on December 19 and IIFC the package arrived about two weeks later, maybe a little longer.

I ordered 3 more on January 17, they charged my CC within an hour of the order and I have not heard anything since

I am glad I read this post, as I forgot about the order...I am going to email them and find out what is going on

Thanks

Link Posted: 2/3/2021 9:12:04 AM EDT
[#4]
On 25 January I ordered 3 mags, a mag catch, and one +5 extension.

I'll update when I get a shipping notification.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 10:39:05 AM EDT
[#5]
My most recent purchase from them was 17 days from order to delivery. I ordered on 11-Jan, received the shipment on 28-Jan.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 3:51:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for all the info guys
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 4:38:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Just got a shipping notice for a jan 19 order
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 11:05:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Ordered 15mags and 3 mag catches on jan 14,shipped Feb 2
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 1:00:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Are new mags coming with the XP (10 coil) spring or still with the standard 9 coil spring?
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 2:31:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

This is about the same for me, but I did order some more, and they have gone silent.  I will look back at my emails and see what the dates are

ETA:  I ordered the first two along with a metal mag catch on December 19 and IIFC the package arrived about two weeks later, maybe a little longer.

I ordered 3 more on January 17, they charged my CC within an hour of the order and I have not heard anything since

I am glad I read this post, as I forgot about the order...I am going to email them and find out what is going on

Thanks

View Quote

Update:  Got the shipping notice earlier this week and they are scheduled to be delivered today, so January 17 to February 5.....18 days....still not bad

Ordering some more this weekend.

Update to the Update :  Ms 77 threw the package at me, joking, they just came in, Fedex delivery....

Link Posted: 2/5/2021 3:30:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Don't forget to order their steel mag release AND the +10% mag spring.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 3:36:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Don't forget to order their steel mag release AND the +10% mag spring.
View Quote

Got the release already with the first order, but the +10 mag spring?   Will look into this

Thanks,

Bronc

I have a question, for those follwoing this thread....

Looking in the EE someone has two SA mags for $165 shipped....why?  I just dont get it.  SA is clearly keeping up, people are getting mags in about two weeks.  

I know you can ask what ever you want, but what in the world is the seller thinkng at these prices?  

Link Posted: 2/5/2021 8:35:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Ordered 1-19  received them today. ETA the magazines I received all have 9 coil springs.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 10:16:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Got the release already with the first order, but the +10 mag spring?   Will look into this

Thanks,

Bronc

Looking in the EE someone has two SA mags for $165 shipped....why?  I just dont get it.  SA is clearly keeping up, people are getting mags in about two weeks.  

I know you can ask what ever you want, but what in the world is the seller thinkng at these prices?  

View Quote

@77bronc   My only guess is that people see ‘back order’ on the website and don’t want to risk the potential multi month wait there was with the first round so they’re willing to pay a premium to mags in a week or so.  I agree with you that it’s nuts to pay double just to have it faster.  I can’t judge though, I got 6 mags and 2 releases last summer off armslist for $225 locally.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 11:51:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

@77bronc   My only guess is that people see ‘back order’ on the website and don’t want to risk the potential multi month wait there was with the first round so they’re willing to pay a premium to mags in a week or so.  I agree with you that it’s nuts to pay double just to have it faster.  I can’t judge though, I got 6 mags and 2 releases last summer off armslist for $225 locally.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks,

Bronc

I solved this problem by ordering the mags the same day I ordered the gun. I'm using up the mag back order time by having the gun get shipped to my FFL, then by sending off the 43x slide for RMR milling. The mags should be here by the time the rest of the gun is ready to shoot.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 2:31:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I solved this problem by ordering the mags the same day I ordered the gun. I'm using up the mag back order time by having the gun get shipped to my FFL, then by sending off the 43x slide for RMR milling. The mags should be here by the time the rest of the gun is ready to shoot.
View Quote

@bdover   Agree with your comments and assessment

@Sonoran_Tj   Sounds like an excellent plan

I ordered two more early this morning,  when these come in will make six SA mags.   I also have 14 of the OEM Glock mags.   I am still looking for a Glock 48.  When I get the 48, will make a nice set up:  G43X, G48, 20 mags total.....now I need 9 mil ammo  

Link Posted: 2/6/2021 6:03:50 PM EDT
[#17]
@77bronc  I’m looking to do 4 SA mags and 6 oem for my 48 mos.  Should be plenty since it’d cost the equivalent of another g48 to fill them.  

Link Posted: 2/7/2021 7:31:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Just checked the site and it says out of stock; with no option to order or anything. Just start an account and apparently they will email when available?? Is this a recent development?

This is on the shield arms website btw..
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 8:37:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Just checked the site and it says out of stock; with no option to order or anything. Just start an account and apparently they will email when available?? Is this a recent development?

View Quote
The only mags available for backorder are the single black oxide. All of the other finishes and multi-packs are notify only.

https://shieldarms.com/glock-43x-48-15-round-mag

Link Posted: 2/7/2021 9:03:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Only single block oxide mags available I finally took the plunge and ordered 5 and a steel catch. If they prove reliable I'd definitely grab more.

We'll see I'm hoping out of the box reliability without switching springs and followers and I'll probably order a few OEM catches as well until I decide to run them full time.

Aside from all that I'll report back when they arrive and get the lead time posted.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 11:06:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

@77bronc  I’m looking to do 4 SA mags and 6 oem for my 48 mos.  Should be plenty since it’d cost the equivalent of another g48 to fill them.  

View Quote

@bdover  Good plan for the system....

Link Posted: 2/9/2021 1:03:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Ordered evening of 25 January, got a shipping notification today, morning of 9 February.

14 days of backorder isn't bad.

Ordered 3 mags, one extension, and a steel mag catch.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 4:52:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Ordered back order mags Jan 27, shipped today.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 10:07:33 PM EDT
[#24]
I'll be testing mine asap after arrival and placing another order if they work and are arriving that quickly.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 9:07:19 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The only mags available for backorder are the single black oxide. All of the other finishes and multi-packs are notify only.

https://shieldarms.com/glock-43x-48-15-round-mag

View Quote

Thanks, ordered 4 and a couple extensions. Now to wait and watch the front door lol
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 9:16:20 AM EDT
[#26]
10 days order to ship
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 4:46:19 PM EDT
[#27]
ordered 2 black oxide mags on 1 Feb, got a shipping email today, will post when I get them - I live at the end of the US, everything takes extra time to get here

Link Posted: 2/12/2021 4:49:32 PM EDT
[#28]
I backordered on the 5th, got shipping notice today so 5 business days
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 6:00:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Ordered magazines 01/27, received today, 02/12.

Not bad!
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 1:31:06 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Ordered evening of 25 January, got a shipping notification today, morning of 9 February.

14 days of backorder isn't bad.

Ordered 3 mags, one extension, and a steel mag catch.
View Quote

My mags still haven't shown up. The fedex tracking shows them leaving Kalispell MT on the evening of 9 Feb, then nothing after that.

I don't know if Fedex lost my package or if it got caught up in weather, but I hope they get here before the coming weekend.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 3:40:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Delivered today- Ordered 1 Feb, shipped 12 Feb
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 4:23:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I backordered on the 5th, got shipping notice today so 5 business days
View Quote

Pretty much the same here. Looking like things are getting caught up in other areas too.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 5:50:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

My mags still haven't shown up. The fedex tracking shows them leaving Kalispell MT on the evening of 9 Feb, then nothing after that.

I don't know if Fedex lost my package or if it got caught up in weather, but I hope they get here before the coming weekend.
View Quote

Mine shows the exact same thing, left Kalispell and then nothing.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 7:30:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I emailed Shield who did an inquiry with FedEx. FedEx said my package is being held at Great Falls, MT and that all planes are grounded right now due to severe weather and ice.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 8:13:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I emailed Shield who did an inquiry with FedEx. FedEx said my package is being held at Great Falls, MT and that all planes are grounded right now due to severe weather and ice.
View Quote

That's good to know, thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 11:17:17 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Mine were the same for over a week. Checked this morning and they have finally moved to TN.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 11:21:25 AM EDT
[#37]
Mine were 2 weeks too. Should be arriving today according to tracking.

Can't believe how many idiots are buying them for $80/ each on the EE.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 11:37:28 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Mine were 2 weeks too. Should be arriving today according to tracking.

Can't believe how many idiots are buying them for $80/ each on the EE.
View Quote

QFT. Just place an order and wait the week/two.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 6:05:41 PM EDT
[#39]
My mags are being held in MT too but they were less than a week to ship. I'm hoping to get these by Saturday so I can test them out but it is what it is. I'm debating ordering a bunch of the Brownells springs but I'd like to test these first 5 out before I place another backorder or replacement parts if they run.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 10:09:16 PM EDT
[#40]
I just ordered four more and one of their enhanced G26 mags.

Being retired, 21 degrees in Louisiana, locked in with the Whu-flu and Ms77 in the back of the house listening to audio books is costing me a lot of money....I am ordering something everyday now
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 7:58:19 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I just ordered four more and one of their enhanced G26 mags.

Being retired, 21 degrees in Louisiana, locked in with the Whu-flu and Ms77 in the back of the house listening to audio books is costing me a lot of money....I am ordering something everyday now
View Quote

@77bronc  audiobooks are good stuff.  And as nice as the shield mags are I don’t think you can have too many, I’ll probably order more myself soon also.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 9:33:11 AM EDT
[#42]
I placed an order 2/8 and got a shipping notice 2/16.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:01:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Ordered 2x black oxide mags on backorder today, 2/23 will update when I get a shipping notification.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 4:21:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Ordered 2/11 and got shipping notice today 2/23.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 4:50:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Ordered 2/16. Got shipping notice today.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 9:12:28 PM EDT
[#46]
I recieved my backorder super fast. Installed the mag catch and going to put a couple hundred rounds through the 5 I got, to see if I want to place another order.

Funny thing is they don't feel like black oxide at all they have the slicker feel and I wonder if I got the other more expensive ones instead?
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 9:24:54 PM EDT
[#47]
How well do these work in the early guns with the silver slides?
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 12:00:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Update:

Please an order on 2/17 for some more SA mags and one SA G26 mags with their extension

Got a shipping notification today, 2/24....so this is 5 business days, actually four business days, as I placed the order late at night.  

My weight loss plan, when I feel the urge to eat a snack at night, I order gun stuff instead....so I am sure this SA order took the place of some pizza rolls  
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 7:01:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Update:

Please an order on 2/17 for some more SA mags and one SA G26 mags with their extension

Got a shipping notification today, 2/14 2/24....so this is 5 business days, actually four business days, as I placed the order late at night.  

My weight loss plan, when I feel the urge to eat a snack at night, I order gun stuff instead....so I am sure this SA order took the place of some pizza rolls  
View Quote
FIFY, and good to hear. I can't believe that people are still listing these for $75+ on the EE. Hopefully any potential buyers will see this thread before purchasing there.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 7:30:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
FIFY, and good to hear. I can't believe that people are still listing these for $75+ on the EE. Hopefully any potential buyers will see this thread before purchasing there.
View Quote

@grondike

I say the same thing, there was a pair that sold for $165 last month on the EE....

That is insane

Thanks for correcting my typo.....I updated my post

Bronc
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top