Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 34
Posted: 11/21/2017 9:54:47 PM EDT
So I am a lover of all things Glock.  Seeing as how I own 4, the 19's are among my favs of all time.

What's strange for whatever set of reasons, is why the Rangers, SEALs, and now Marsoc, have not only gone to Glocks, but the 19.

When there are bigger more "combat ready" Glocks made, I wonder why the decision?
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 1:19:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
There are G17 Gen 3 RTF on TPE property books down range.  Got one on my hip right now.  Not a program of record however.  SOCOM hasn't bought any Gen 5s to my knowledge.

Attachment Attached File

CD
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 1:27:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:

There are G17 Gen 3 RTF on TPE property books down range.  Got one on my hip right now.  Not a program of record however.  SOCOM hasn't bought any Gen 5s to my knowledge.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_5042_JPG-1196950.JPG

CD
View Quote
Send that one my way when you're done with it please.  
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 1:54:01 PM EDT
[#3]
CBP is getting rid of their HK P2000 (not a nice pistol) and going with G19's
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 2:00:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By GSPatton:
View Quote
And the new 47 too.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 4:19:00 PM EDT
[#5]
View Quote
USBP gets a choice of either 47/19, OFO is getting the 19, no idea what AMO is doing
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 4:28:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 8:34:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By TCBA_Joe:
By all reports the USCG is getting G19s now.

As I understand, the plan was to mirror the DoD and adopt the M18. Potential delivery time issues resulted in the decision to buy the G19 off the CBP contract instead of the M18 off the MHS contract.

I'm happy either way, either will be much better than the P229-40-DAK.
View Quote
My son related to me that he heard the same thing when he was at the FI school at Yorktown.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 9:01:22 PM EDT
[#8]
@Combat_Diver I've read that SEALs were known to use Walther PPS's(gen 1) for deep cover work.  Ever see any?
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 9:16:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#9]
Originally Posted By DCopp:
@Combat_Diver I've read that SEALs were known to use Walther PPS's(gen 1) for deep cover work.  Ever see any?
View Quote
No I haven’t however last time I work with any SEAL Teams was in Iraq 16’.   They were using SIG 226/239s, G19’s known as Mk27 and G26 known as Mk26 and HK45C’s.

CD
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 4:41:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By cone256:

USBP gets a choice of either 47/19, OFO is getting the 19, no idea what AMO is doing
View Quote
I've seen OFO FI types with the 26 for off duty carry...

/anecdotal evidence
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 6:54:07 AM EDT
[#11]
More interesting in that 416....
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 7:29:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By helmet91:

/anecdotal evidence
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By helmet91:

/anecdotal evidence
Well they're FI so they do what they want lol
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 5:36:02 AM EDT
[#13]

Well they're FI so they do what they want lol
View Quote
Pretty much.  haha
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 10:50:57 PM EDT
[#14]
View Quote
The Walther PPS was not in service very long (2005-2007ish) The pistol was garbage and the DA Trigger absolutely horrid.  The P239 replaced the PPS.  There are still a few P239 in service at a specific command, the Glock 19 however has become the go to SOCOM Pistol.  RDS are filtering in now and before you know it RMR and other RDS will be standard on all pistols.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 12:05:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By MM:
The Walther PPS was not in service very long (2005-2007ish) The pistol was garbage and the DA Trigger absolutely horrid.  The P239 replaced the PPS.  There are still a few P239 in service at a specific command, the Glock 19 however has become the go to SOCOM Pistol.  RDS are filtering in now and before you know it RMR and other RDS will be standard on all pistols.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MM:
The PPS is striker fired, not DA. You sure you are talking about a PPS?
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 12:44:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Kevinski:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Kevinski:
Originally Posted By MM:
It was a PPK. May have been earlier than that too.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 3:46:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Slightly off topic, what’s the story behind noblex optics? I’d like to build a 17/22 clone but rarely if ever see them in the civilian market.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 7:04:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By S-1:

It was a PPK. May have been earlier than that too.
View Quote
S-1 is correct it was the PPK.  No striker fired Walther has ever been in service with the SEAL Teams.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 11:30:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By MM:

S-1 is correct it was the PPK.  No striker fired Walther has ever been in service with the SEAL Teams.
View Quote
I know it's the internet, but is the author of this article mistaken?

http://www.defensereview.com/walther-pps-police-pistol-slim-single-stack-striker-fired-9mm-compact-pistol-for-concealed-carry-ccw-applications-and-covert-missionsoperations/
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 1:08:23 PM EDT
[#20]
If a Team Guy was carrying it, it was his own pistol and not issued.  The juice ain't worth that squeeze.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 7:22:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#21]
deleted

CD
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 4:26:16 AM EDT
[#22]
Are there any sporting grip force adapters?
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 5:51:15 AM EDT
[#23]
View Quote
Absolutely LOVE my HK P2000 9mm. I had a .40, sold that when I went all 9mm but it definitely nicer than their newer P30's but I also prefer the HK 45C/CT over the full-size HK 45 and the HK 45C/CT and P2000 are basically the same gun in the same way that the P30 and HK 45 are the same.

I either carry GLOCK 19 or an HK P2000 9mm.
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 6:41:52 AM EDT
[#24]
Any of the new tan RMRs starting to show up yet? Seems like most team guys have doctor sights on their pistols in all the photos posted
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 10:24:55 AM EDT
[#25]
close up of General Miller's Glock seen in an earlier pic. A clear view of the deltapoint pro and the beveled front edges of what I bet is a Gen 5 Glock 17.
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 12:23:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Ubar_Jay:
Slightly off topic, what's the story behind noblex optics? I'd like to build a 17/22 clone but rarely if ever see them in the civilian market.
View Quote
If you mean the Docter/Noblex MRDS, it's seen combat in a ton of applications spanning the earlier days of GWOT to present. Still see a lot of them atop certain long guns and some pistols.

I'm a huge fan if them, despite the RMR being more robust. The glass clarity is phenomenal and FWIW mine has been beaten up unintentionally quite a bit without ever losing zero. Don't drop it from head height and it'll be GTG.
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 7:04:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Is the 6 second mount loosing favor?
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 7:13:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 7:33:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Boom_Stick] [#29]
I think the understanding for it was that it was a very niche item for a very specific unit and used when doing a very specific task.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Boom_Stick:
Is the 6 second mount loosing favor?
I think the understanding for it was that it was a very niche item for a very specific unit and used when doing a very specific task.
Kinda figured that, but I was wondering if the SSM was pre minature RDS? Like on the cusp of mini RDS popularity? A solution to a short lived problem. From their website it says:
Red dot scopes mounted directly to their pistol slides were showing a high failure rate due to extreme acceleration or deceleration of the slide. The balance of the pistols was thrown off from the rearward scope mounting position, and the slides were weakened from machining a pocket for the scopes into the top of the slide.
I could see red dots the size of aimpoint micros causing the problems they're describing. It seems from this thread and the trend with handguns that the mini RDS is king, and mounting something the size of an aimpoint is ancient thinking. ALG isnt even making them anymore because they're not popular.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 8:20:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Bump for one of my favorite threads on the interwebs.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 8:52:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Paladin556] [#31]
Muh tubular assaults yo

I’ve been hankering to build one up though just because.

ETA

Odd not sure why that didn’t quote TCBAs post.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 10:29:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 11:57:01 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Boom_Stick:

I could see red dots the size of aimpoint micros causing the problems they're describing. It seems from this thread and the trend with handguns that the mini RDS is king, and mounting something the size of an aimpoint is ancient thinking. ALG isnt even making them anymore because they're not popular.
View Quote
The T1 riding on the slide of a 19 does enhance muzzle rise due to the weight at the rear of the slide but isnt as much of an issue with the 17/22 sized guns.

The T1 is still the most robust optic you can mount to a handgun with the only issue being its overall bulk. When the ALG description was written it was geared toward the high failure rates seen with the RMR, not the T1. Outside of the ATOM slides, the T1 has never been a direct attach optic for pistols; needing something like the Balor or Aimpoint dovetail mount to fit the slide ride role.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 12:02:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Found this on Instagram. Supposedly a SOCOM Mk27 Mod 2.

Link Posted: 1/29/2020 1:15:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By cmcflex:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49460337947_687f555f92_c.jpg
View Quote
What band/model red dot is this?  I don't know much about pistol red dots and I am thinking about installing 1 on my Glock 34 gen 5 MOS.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 1:22:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By 45ProCarry:
What band/model red dot is this?  I don't know much about pistol red dots and I am thinking about installing 1 on my Glock 34 gen 5 MOS.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 45ProCarry:

https://www.trijicon.com/products/details/rm06-c-700780
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 3:39:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TAPTAP556] [#37]

View Quote
Using SilencerCo Omega 9k?

Any idea if accurate or what 9mm cans are in use?

Haven’t seen much info on what is being used except the m27 spec calls for m13.5x1LH threads my guess is to match HK and Sig thread patterns for cross compatibility.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 3:50:11 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 5:02:10 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By TAPTAP556:

Haven’t seen much info on what is being used except the m27 spec calls for m13.5x1LH threads my guess is to match HK and Sig thread patterns for cross compatibility.
View All Quotes

Glock factory barrels have 13.5x1 LH threads, would be my guess as to why.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 8:19:17 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 9:15:47 AM EDT
[#41]
This was posted to a FB clone group.

Claims they're AFSOC 24th STG.

The Glock looks to be a blue gun Gen 5 19, wonder if that's paired with a live Gen 5?https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/108584/FB_IMG_1581941847166-1279658.jpg
View Quote
Interesting..
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 9:41:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#42]
There's no denying that the G19 is an excellent/reliable pistol but I can't wrap my head around the reasoning for it being adopted for a military role.

I've fondled the gun countless times and I just can't get over the fact that grip will not accept three fingers. My pinkie gets about 49% purchase at the bottom of the grip and if sweaty, it slips off as soon "real" grip pressure is applied. With the added thickness of gloves, my pinkie is literally hanging off the grip.

It's not like I have NBA-sized hands either. To put things into perspective, I can barely palm a broken-in NBA sized basketball pumped up to 8 psi. I can palm it and slowly move the ball around but any sudden pronounced movement causes the ball to slip from my hand.

What's strange is that I don't have this issue with other G19-sized hand guns (CZ P-10C, CZ P-07, M&P 2.0 C, P320 C, etc.)

I can't be the only one experiencing this issue.

P.S.

Glad the G45 came out. I wonder if this is what a G19 feels like to most people?
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 9:47:16 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By PFran42:
There's no denying that the G19 is an excellent/reliable pistol but I can't wrap my head around the reasoning for it being adopted for a military role.

I've fondled the gun countless times and I just can't get over the fact that grip will not accept three fingers. My pinkie gets about 49% purchase at the bottom of the grip and if sweaty, it slips off as soon "real" grip pressure is applied. With the added thickness of gloves, my pinkie is literally hanging off the grip.

It's not like I have NBA-sized hands either. To put things into perspective, I can barely palm a broken-in NBA sized basketball pumped up to 8 psi. I can palm it and slowly more the ball around but any sudden pronounced movement causes the ball to slip from my hand.

What's strange is that I don't have this issue with other G19-sized hand guns (CZ P-10C, CZ P-07, M&P 2.0 C, P320 C, etc.)

P.S.

Glad the G45 came out. I wonder if this is what a G19 feels like to most people?
View Quote
Oh it's not just you, I've had a G19 for ever and carry it often but the grip is weird with the finger grooves. Now the Gen5 seemed to fix my weird feeling, and I have pretty good sized hands. I prefer my 17 or 48 honestly but will always keep my old G19 because it works and has never let me down.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 10:14:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#44]
Originally Posted By PFran42:

It's not like I have NBA-sized hands either. To put things into perspective, I can barely palm a broken-in NBA sized basketball pumped up to 8 psi. I can palm it and slowly move the ball around but any sudden pronounced movement causes the ball to slip from my hand.

P.S.

View Quote
It got adopted because it was chosen to fill the role of a compact handgun.  Notice the G17 isn't used (program of record) as the standard M9 filled the role (full size) at the time.  When a subcompact was needed they chose the G26.

CD
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 3:52:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 4:36:59 PM EDT
[#46]
This was posted to a FB clone group.

Claims they're AFSOC 24th STG.

The Glock looks to be a blue gun Gen 5 19, wonder if that's paired with a live Gen 5?https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/108584/FB_IMG_1581941847166-1279658.jpg
View Quote
What’s the rifle with the side folder?
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 4:44:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TNVC_Augee] [#47]
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 5:43:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TCBA_Joe] [#48]
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 9:55:28 PM EDT
[#49]
That’s pretty cool. Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 1:44:09 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By FrankW134:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FrankW134:

Glock also sells 1/2x28 RH threaded barrels. Strangely enough the LH metric thread barrels are no longer for sale/discontinued at least here stateside.
https://store.teamglock.com/gun-parts/slide-parts/barrels/g19-gen4-threaded-barrel.html

Pistons for all of these cans can be purchased with different thread pitches (AAC and SiCo).

Was mainly curious as to what may be truly in use or if there are any pics of cans in the wild vs. what has already been shown on the page. The Omega 9k checks a lot of boxes that I believe would be wanted for mil use, but that’s the only time I’ve seen such a photo. Lots of details on rifle cans but not much info out there on pistols. I don’t imagine it would be protected given everything else we’ve seen.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 34
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top