Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2017 8:49:42 PM EDT
I own a G19, G23, G21 and G35 that all have (or will soon have) suppressor sights. My factory threaded G19's suppressor sights will not work with my Galco Combat holster.

I like leather, kydex sucks.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:17:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Just curious why do you hate kydex.  
Is the combat the canted pancake style holster?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:30:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:49:15 PM EDT
[#3]
My Bianchi Professional 100 holster for my Sig 220 fits my Glock 20SF with suppressor sights PERFECTLY.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:58:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I appreciated good leather for years, now I wouldn't have it in favor of kydex. I don't have any kydex holsters that won't accommodate suppressor sights.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 12:42:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Pretty much every holster maker these days offers a cut for an RMR. If you have an older holster, pull out a dremel and cut it yourself. I have done it a few times, though I bought this one with a the cut:

Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:01:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just curious why do you hate kydex.  
Is the combat the canted pancake style holster?
View Quote
The combat model is an open top holster with a 30+ degree cant. I don't like the aesthetics, the hardness or the sound that kydex make.

I feel more comfortable wearing leather holsters. I'm old fashioned in that regard. They function just fine, but not better than leather.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 4:41:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Almost any of the decent custom leathermakers will do it if you ask.

TT Gunleather makes superb leather for a good price with a quick turnaround for custom... not a shill, but I do highly recommend his leather work.  He's made several holsters for me that have shamed anything Galco could ever offer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top