Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2015 4:58:15 PM EDT
Who do you recommend for a smooth rather than ribbed trigger?

Is there an after market trigger bar for the Gen 4 that helps smooth out the trigger pull?  I prefer the lighter to heavier (NY style) trigger.    

Advice apreciated.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 5:46:40 PM EDT
[#1]
OEM for a Gen 4 G17.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 6:03:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for advice.

Would that include the connector?

I see that the Skimmer just uses OEM parts that have been hand polished.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 6:07:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
OEM for a Gen 4 G17.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

Exactly what I did.
Does not include the connector but I use the Glock - connector in mine as well.  If you do change the connector change the reset spring with it to a heavy one otherwise it leaves you with a mushy clunk feeling in the trigger.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 9:01:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I see there are several weights of reset spring.  (Is this the NY trigger spring?)

Do you have a weight/pound preference?
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 9:03:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I see there are several weights of reset spring.  (Is this the NY trigger spring?)

View Quote

I use a NY1, most don't like them but I do.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 11:20:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

The NY1 will increase weight and make the trigger more like the DA pull of a revolver.  I recommend the Zev comp trigger spring paired with the lighter safety plunger spring.  I buy this kit and just do not use the striker spring unless it is a competition gun.
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/246023/zev-technologies-competition-spring-kit-glock-all-models
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 11:59:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 1:12:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Smooth trigger is best. Factory trigger return spring is 5lbs. Aftermarket return springs that lighten the trigger pull are 6lbs. I tried the NY1 od plastic thing for shits. The trigger pull was unacceptably terrible even with a lighter plunger spring and 3.5lb connector.

The trigger/trigger bar (smooth or ribbed) and the trigger return spring are unrelated if you think you have to go with one or the other.

Don't fall for some of the internet talk that you can get a DA revolver style pull with the NY trigger spring. It's the reason for the staple gun reputation
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 3:06:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks everyone for your advice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top