Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2015 7:09:42 PM EDT
I'm trying to avoid going full "gear queer", but I want to do some tweaks to my G35 for Limited.  One of which is a magwell, but I have no idea which one to try.  I was looking at the Zev magwells because I've had good luck with their other parts, but I don't know which weight insert nor which weight magwell to try.  Adding weight to the bottom of the grip seems weird to me - like it would completely mess up the balance.  Anyone have any suggestions?

And in before the "I don't need a magwell because I practice my mag changes" crowd.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 12:00:23 AM EDT
[#1]
I have the Dawson Super Heavy and Ice Heavy mag wells. The extra weight seems to improve balance and control recoil. I like the Super Heavy better for recoil control.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 12:14:47 AM EDT
[#2]
I have an ALG Defense, but if it had been out at the time I'd have bought the TTI.

As to the balance issue, I feel like a heavy magwell actually improves balance and makes the gun even easier to point where you want it to point.  Big fan of heavy magwells.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 2:35:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 11:50:46 AM EDT
[#4]
+1 for the Dawson ICE magwell.  I have had one on my G35 for years and love it, also paired with their extended basepads.  If you do get this magwell, don't lock it down super tight.  It has caused malfunctions in some guns.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 3:43:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I have the Ares magwell on my 17 and Viking Tactics on my 19. I'll most likely move the Ares to my 34 and buy another Viking Tactics for my 17. I carry the 17 and 19 so a smaller lightweight magwell makes sense.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top