Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2014 10:11:52 AM EDT
I have a Zev ultimate trigger in my G35, gen 3 and after about a 1000 rds the trigger no longer resets.  After an internet search, I found how it could be due to the trigger spring.  So I called Zev about two weeks ago, they confirmed it was the trigger spring, so I bought a couple of trigger springs and had them mailed to me.  

I switched out the trigger spring for a new Zev a week ago and took the pistol shooting last weekend.  Same problem as before, the trigger will no longer reset.  I went home and switched out the trigger spring for the factory spring and the trigger reset improved a tiny bit but the trigger is still not reseting 70% of the time.  

I"ve called Zev a few times this last week but didn't get through and left messages.  I really like this trigger, so I'm curious if anyone has any ideas.  The adjustments are all factory, so its not been messed with at all.  The trigger spring, both Zevs and Factory, doesn't solve the problem.  

I'm hopeful once I am able to reach Zev I can send the whole trigger mechanism back to them and they can diagnose.  Just curious if anyone else has had this problem.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 3:49:52 PM EDT
[#1]
You could have a problem with your connector. If a connector is bent inwards towards the housing then you will have a failure to reset.  Its hard to tell through the interwebs.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 5:41:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You could have a problem with your connector. If a connector is bent inwards towards the housing then you will have a failure to reset.  Its hard to tell through the interwebs.
View Quote

I think this was the problem.  I bent the connector out a little bit and it resets normally during dryfire.  I will shoot the pistol tomorrow to confirm.  I truly hope the fix was this simple.  

Thanks so very much!!!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top