Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/11/2013 5:22:06 AM EDT
If you have a .40 and you want to get one of these 9mm conversion barrels to shoot cheaper ammo at the range, then is all you have to change the barrel and magazines? What about the ejector? Hasn't there been a lot of hoopla lately about the new 9mm ejectors and how they are different than the other calibers? If all you change is the barrel and the magazines then won't you still have a 40 cal ejector? Would that cause problems?
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:47:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Bought a Lone Wolf 9mm conversion barrel and a few 17 & 19 mags for my 23. No other changes made, no malfunctions (2 bad rounds of ammo but I dont count those) in roughly 3000 rounds.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 7:07:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Conversion barrels should be only for training and not carry.

I've never regretted getting a conversion barrel for any of my .40s but I never carried them as my primary.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 10:32:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Once I started adding up the cost of the barrel and a couple magazines (and maybe a recoil spring and maybe an extractor) I realized that I was probably half-way towards a complete gun in whatever caliber I was trying to convert to I just saved a few more bucks and got a complete gun.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 11:15:07 AM EDT
[#4]

I have a gen4 23 that I purchased a LW 9mm conversion barrel for.  I also got the 3rd gen spring for it.  That's all.

For carry as a 9mm I got a couple of 9mm magazines.  However, the .40 mags work well enough at the range.  I haven't had any issues with any parts/pieces as a 9mm.

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 8:00:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I am going all 9mm buy I still have my G23 in inventory. It was my first glock I bought private party at 19. I just can't get rid of it so I am going to put a 9mm conversion barrel in it and run the heck out of it. I am totally willing to swap extractors and ejectors if I have to, to make it reliable.

I hear the heavier barrels make them a pleasure to shoot.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 8:03:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Double Tap
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 11:41:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a lone wolf 9mm conversion barrel in my G22.  Bought some 9mm mags and even ran it some with the 40 cal mags.  No problems at all with it other than brass kind of scatters out instead of finding it all in a pile.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:19:40 AM EDT
[#8]
I have a G23 with a Storm Lake conversion barrel, .40 S&W to 9mm...only change was the barrel and some G19 magazines...the barrel was designed to work with the .40 S&W extractor...mine is 100% with 124GR Speer Lawman and Gold Dots...try yours out on the range and if it too is 100% I see no reason you couldn't use yours as I have used mine to protect life and limb...

Bill
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:09:21 AM EDT
[#9]
i carry 9mm in my G27 all the time.  i completely trust it to to bang and reset every time, and tons of range time with it has proven its reliability.  i also have G24 and G23 conversions, and on all 3 of these i change only the mags and barrel, the extractors all work fine.

YMMV as always.

i used to buy lone wolf barrels, but now that im picking up threaded barrels, storm lake has become my new fav.  they are more expensive than lone wolf, but my groups tightend on my G21 the first time i went out.  (and im not saying lonewolf is not GTG... because it is).
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:15:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bought a Lone Wolf 9mm conversion barrel and a few 17 & 19 mags for my 23. No other changes made, no malfunctions (2 bad rounds of ammo but I dont count those) in roughly 3000 rounds.
View Quote

Same
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:42:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Same
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same

Same, except mine was for my G22 Gen4 and I bought some G17 mags, but I have read that the G22 mags work also...
My G22 with the Lone Wolf standard 9mm conversion barrel has never failed at the range. I would and have carried it for work.

Merry CHRISTmas to all....<><....:)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top