Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2005 1:04:17 AM EDT
I decided to polish the pings in my Glock 22 with my dremel (used jeweler's rouge). The pings were geting sharp and scratching the barrell lugs. Anyway I couldn't sleep so I decided to try something with the trigger feel. Mind you it is 2nd generation (got it in 2000) and I work at a gunshop. I used a half worn polishing barrell with jeweler's rouge on all of the trigger contacting parts. I polished it till the rubbing pieces look like chrome (tried not to remove any metal, light touch), Then I used Flitz metal polish to put a final shine with q-tips and such. I then put a light coat of Eezox on all the internal parts (not springs) for corrosion protection. I slapped that baby together and what a difference. Using all the stock parts, it feels a lot better than the 3.5# connector. It feels stock until you get to the end of the pull then it very smoothly drops the striker. The gun feels like it is more accurate. After a 1,000 rounds, no sign of wear (eezox) on the trigger parts. I thought I should share this and if I have any problems, I'll post it. Any signs of problems, I'm replacing the trigger parts with stock parts(cheap for me). Seriously, it feels so much better.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 5:37:06 AM EDT
[#1]
thanks for all that info but people have been polishing their triggers on GLOCKs for while. takes about 5 minutes if you know where to polish and there certain areas.

J
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top