Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2013 10:02:13 PM EDT
Sup guys, I have a 19 G4 with the serrated style trigger. I wanted to go to the smooth 17 style because I do not like how the serrations feel on my 19 and I love how it feels on my 17.

I put my 17 G3 trigger into my 19 G4 and it seems to be OK however I have not shot it like this. It doesn't have the "bump" on the trigger bar now like from the factory.
Is this OK? I'd like to order another and put the original trigger back in my 17G3, but I'm confused if I need to order a 17G4 with the bump or a 17G3 which doesn't have the bump.

I've done Google and you tube searches but I can never get a solid answer as which to get and why.

Steve
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 10:37:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, I hated the gritty trigger on my Gen 4 19/34, so I actually ground the bump off with a dremel. Lightened the pull by about a pound.

I've heard that it doesn't matter which trigger bar you use, and the only differences between the two that I can see are the bump and the part where the trigger spring hooks onto the trigger bar is slightly curved on the gen 4s.

I ordered a gen 3 trigger bar for my 19 to see how it works, but it's not here yet.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 10:44:20 PM EDT
[#2]
My G419 had some seeeeeerious grit. I hated it! I did the 25 cent trigger job, ghost connector, glockworx trigger spring, safety plunger, safety spring, striker spring, and a bunch of other crap.
I had to switch back to the stock striker spring though because I was getting light strikes every 30to40 rounds.

Anyway the grit was still there after all that but the trigger pull was insanely better. I put in the 17 G3 trigger and it feels great (no grit at all) but I am still wondering if that was a good idea or not.

Link Posted: 1/16/2013 12:51:57 AM EDT
[#3]
The Gen 4 trigger bar bump is there to guarantee it pushes the firing pin safety plunger.  I never had a problem with the Gen 3 ones, so I really don't know why Glock decided to change it.

I would leave the Gen 3 trigger bar in as long as it fired reliably.
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 1:00:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The Gen 4 trigger bar bump is there to guarantee it pushes the firing pin safety plunger.  I never had a problem with the Gen 3 ones, so I really don't know why Glock decided to change it.

So you would order a G3 17 trigger/bar assembly over a G4 17 trigger/bar assembly?
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 8:58:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you would order a G3 17 trigger/bar assembly over a G4 17 trigger/bar assembly?

First I would shoot your Gen4 19 with that Gen3 trigger bar you installed.  

If it shoots reliably, then yes I would order the Gen3 assembly and install the trigger/trigger bar in your Gen4.
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 11:39:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Thinking about doing the same thing,my G19 Gen4 trigger pull sucks big time.
Link Posted: 2/2/2013 8:19:34 PM EDT
[#7]
While I haven't heard of anyone having a problem using a Gen 3 trigger in a Gen 4 Glock, I believe Glock does not advise it.  You could call up Glock and see what they say.  If they say you shouldn't do it I'd be interested to hear why not.  Afterall, they must make the 2 distinct parts for a reason...

If it's just a range gun I wouldn't be concerned about using the Gen 3 trigger, but if it's your CCW I might go with the Gen 4 (if that's what Glock advises).
Link Posted: 2/2/2013 8:52:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Sup guys, I have a 19 G4 with the serrated style trigger. I wanted to go to the smooth 17 style because I do not like how the serrations feel on my 19 and I love how it feels on my 17.

I put my 17 G3 trigger into my 19 G4 and it seems to be OK however I have not shot it like this. It doesn't have the "bump" on the trigger bar now like from the factory.
Is this OK? I'd like to order another and put the original trigger back in my 17G3, but I'm confused if I need to order a 17G4 with the bump or a 17G3 which doesn't have the bump.

I've done Google and you tube searches but I can never get a solid answer as which to get and why.

Steve

I have gen3 triggers w/trigger bar in all my gen4 pistols. Not one problem.  I much prefer the trigger bars with out the bump. The trigger pull feels much better IMHO.

Link Posted: 2/2/2013 8:55:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

If this is why glock changed the trigger bar (increase safety of the gun) they would do it in the gen3 also since the firing pin safety is the same setup.

Glock puts the bump so the trigger break feels crisper/less creep.

Link Posted: 2/3/2013 9:15:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

If this is why glock changed the trigger bar (increase safety of the gun) they would do it in the gen3 also since the firing pin safety is the same setup.

Glock puts the bump so the trigger break feels crisper/less creep.

I'd rather have creep than grit and a heavier pull, but YMMV.

OP, I have Gen3 bars in my Gen4 19/34, no issues so far.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top