Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/2/2012 5:07:18 PM EDT
I just ordered a Glock 17 Gen 3 from PSA, and I've been reading that some Gen 3's have the ejection issues.  Can anyone comment on this?  Any manufacture date I should be looking for? There aren't many threads about people fixing their Gen 3, what have most people done with their Gen 3s?
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 6:29:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
, what have most people done with their Gen 3s?

Shoot the snot out of them.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 7:15:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a gen3 g19 and have not had any big problems with ejection. I had one stove pipe but i was using really weak ammo and it was 1 out of 100.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 5:16:55 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a gen 3 17.  At first the brass was ejecting pretty goofy.  They were all over the place, some weak, some right between my eyes, some straight up.  I have about 2k throught it now and haven't noticed the problem in some time.  I think it just worked itself out.  IMO the ejection issues are over blown by people who shoot their guns for the first time and brass goes in their face.  But if you get stovepipes and stoppages that's another story.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 8:49:51 AM EDT
[#4]

99.9% of Gen3 glocks are just fine, get your new gun and shoot it...

Link Posted: 7/4/2012 4:22:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I just recently purchased a new Gen 3 G17 with a test fire date Feb 2012. No problem with ejection.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 5:36:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Most are w/o problems, but if you do Glock will fix it.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 9:46:26 AM EDT
[#7]
The only way to tell for sure is to shoot it. You can try the new Gen 4 ejector and/or Glocks new non-dipped extractor (Midway has them...item #764545) if you have a problem with brass to the face.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top