Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2011 8:03:45 PM EDT
Okay so just made the trip back to the dark side after a decade away.  I bought a G23 a couple months ago and even though I haven't had much range time, I'm hooked again.  

First question is I'm just finding out about the SF and I think that might be just what I need. Im planning on selling a rather nice 1911 and replacing it with 3 glocks.

How can I tell if the G23 that I have now is a SF?  My big reason for getting out of glocks and carrying the 1911 was the fact my hand fit the 1911 better but this might change everything ?

My thought was to buy a full size g21 the compact 9mm I forget the number and then replace my back up gun with either the sub compact 9 or 45. Open to thoughts.

Sorry if any of this sounds dumb, as I said I've been out of the glock world of a bit.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 8:15:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Never mind about the sf question it appears it should be stamped on the side
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 8:20:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't think a glock 23 SF exists.

The SF option is only available on the 45/10mm models (20, 21, 29, 30)
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 8:21:17 PM EDT
[#3]
There is no G23 SF model.  It already has the standard small frame that the 9mm/.40/.357's use.  The SF model is offered in the 20, 21, 29 and 30 (.45 and 10mm) only to the best of my knowledge.  You can tell an SF model by looking at the right side of the frame forward of the trigger guard, where you'll see an "SF" in the frame.

The 3rd gen 21SF is a fantastic pistol if you want a full size .45.  I think most everybody agrees that the G19 is about the perfect carry pistol in terms of a compact 9mm.  The G26 (sub-compact) 9mm is also very nice, and offers a very slightly smaller package where a 19 might be just a tad too large.  I carry my 19 and 26 the most of all my Glocks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top