Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2004 6:20:48 AM EDT
Does anyone have experience with a Glock factory rebuild?  I want to get my first GLOCK, and I found out that the factory rebuilds also carry a lifetime warranty like the new ones.  The savings could be more than $100.  Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 8:44:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 4:59:16 PM EDT
[#2]
if you have the money buy new of course, if not used will work...
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:42:00 PM EDT
[#3]
It's not just a question of money, but value.  I can afford the NIB price, but for the same amount I can buy a refurb with extra magazines and ammo.  The shop was really pushing the used, despite the fact that they would have to order it.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:23:01 AM EDT
[#4]
why buy new when it's a glock. Pointless...glocks are work horses and it's been "rebuilt" by glock  who better than the maker to rebuild it. Used glocks are good deals.

J
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:34:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a rebuit G19 I bought back in 97, and it has never failed me.  I also like having "MPDC" stamped in the side of my slide.  It kinda makes me feel like its special.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 10:23:32 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a Rebuild, no problems w/ it.  I picked it up in '99.  The price was right ~$400 w/ 2 17 round mags. That was about a $200 savings back then w/ the cost of Preban mags.  What does it come w/ for mags??? A guy @ work was going to buy on last month ~$425 w/3 10 rd mags.  Not a good deal if you ask me when you add the cost buying 2 new noban mags ($40-50).

IF it comes w/ standard mags and you save $100 then that's fine.

FB
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 7:56:49 PM EDT
[#7]
The shop people seemed to think it would come with "standard" 10 round mags.  I would like the normal capacity mags, but I can get NIW factory GLOCK mags for $20 a piece now, non LEO marked.  The biggest thing I want to have is the night sights, which may be harder to come by on a refurb.  Is it true that most of these would be law enforcement trade ins?
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 8:19:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Which Glock are you looking to buy?
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 10:02:57 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
The shop people seemed to think it would come with "standard" 10 round mags.  I would like the normal capacity mags, but I can get NIW factory GLOCK mags for $20 a piece now, non LEO marked.  The biggest thing I want to have is the night sights, which may be harder to come by on a refurb.  Is it true that most of these would be law enforcement trade ins?

When I said "standard" I meant the mags the gun was made for, not the bastardized Clinton mags.  If you are only saving 100 bucks and then have to spend $40 for new mags, and then have to have NS installed,  not my idea of a good deal.  Just get new one w/ NS and be done with it.  Just make sure the new ones have "real" mags.

FB

Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:09:01 AM EDT
[#10]

Which Glock are you looking to buy?

I want the Glock 17.  I will only use it for the range and home.  I thought I'd pick up a couple of those 31 round G18 mags for the range!

I am waiting on a price on the used and what mags it will come with.  I think if it comes wih Clinton mags, it wil tip the scale towards new.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top